Solved Two choice in a NotInLIst function? (1 Viewer)

lodmark

Local time
Today, 14:58
Hey!
I went back to my old design and created a field for "featured artist". As @MajP and others suggested.
Then adding the two strings of text to a field in the form solved my problem with duets. Thanks a lot!

But another problem arose.
I also do radio programs and the playlists for these programs are also in my database.
One of my programs is about the day Friday and it turned out that it contains four songs with the same title (Friday Night) but with different artists.
In a subform to the program form, I list the songs in the playlist.
In the field where I enter the songs I have a "NotInList function" It works perfectly if I miss the songs in my collection.
But how do I add a song with the same titel but with another artist?
The NotInList function opens a form with a new entry and the name of the song I suggested, I can then add an artist.
I can not do this if the name of the song already exists, but with the wrong artist.
Is it possible to have two choice in a NotInLIst function?
Any thoughts about this?
Program.jpg

Leif

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:58
1st thing to comes to mind is concatenating the song title and artist for display in your combo. Like "Friday Night - Arabesque". In your not in list event you could parse out the song title based on the dash or some other character.

lodmark

Local time
1st thing to comes to mind is concatenating the song title and artist for display in your combo. Like "Friday Night - Arabesque". In your not in list event you could parse out the song title based on the dash or some other character.
I have thought about adding an extra character to the name of the song to differentiate them, but it will not be so nice, I think.
But your suggestion to put together the title of the song and the artist sounds like a viable idea, get to think about it a bit.
Had another idea to make an index of these two and then use it in the selection, but are unsure how it can be done? Or if?
Leif

lodmark

Local time
Hi!
I'll think I stick to adding a space at the end of the titel if I need to add a song with a different artist.
It's easier to keep it simple.
Thanks for the interest.
Leif

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 13:58
I would hardly say concatenating the artist would be difficult?

lodmark

Local time
I would hardly say concatenating the artist would be difficult?
Probably not @Gasman but as @moke123 sugested with adding a space is simpler.
As I'm not so god at coding I'm not shure how the code in the NotInList function would look like.
So for now I leave it as it is.
Leif

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Well my thoughts would be the combo would look like

The Power Of Love - Frankie Goes to Hollywood
The Power of Love - Huey Lewis
The Power of Love -Jennifer Rush

Now when you want to add
The Power of Love - Celine Dion

then the NIL event would take effect.?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:58

Now when you want to add

Just to add to GMan's response, If you want to store the song and artist in seperate fields you would parse those out in the NIL event using the - (dash or something else like a pipe | ) as the separator.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Just to add to GMan's response, If you want to store the song and artist in seperate fields you would parse those out in the NIL event using the - (dash or something else like a pipe | ) as the separator.
Yes, I was not suggesting you keep them like that. You concatenate to display and if you used a form for the NIL entry, you would keep the textbox controls seperate.? Otherwise split as moke123 has stated.

lodmark

Local time

Now when you want to add

Thanks both of you, I look into it.
Leif