Solved #Type error on form (1 Viewer)

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
Today, 07:57
Hi

having a slight issue with my quiz database which im hoping you can help with.

issue is on the form F_Results and it only seems to happen if yuo do both sets of questions in quick order

and the second time you get to the results form it says #Type in place of your score and on the leader board it hasn't added it either but on teh table results it has all been captured ?

what part am i not doing at the right time

Attachments

• Quiz-A-Rama Upload.zip
    567.1 KB · Views: 66

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
Sorry for the bump, but just interested if anyone who has viewed the file has managed to recreate the issue and if so any ideas on how i would fix it

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
you need to explain how your app works as it is not at all clear to me. you appear to be cross referencing forms so perhaps one of those forms isn't open. Or perhaps the referenced control has not been updated (in which case you refer to the controls .text property)

To replicate your issue, explain step by step how you get to it (F_results) from the opening form - what username to use, what buttons to click etc.

It also helps considerably to debug if you a) set popup to false and b) use overlapping windows rather than tabbed documents

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
Ok i shall have a look in tabbed view first and if still cant figure out whats the issue shall post a nice in-depth guide

cheers all

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 03:57
I cannot replicate, but you can fix it and make it a little simpler. Way faster than trying to track it down.
Just add a small one record table to hold name and round. Then I would build two real simple functions
GetRound
GetUser
These functions just wrap the dlookup to the fields in your table.

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
thanks for help guys but think i have fixed it, using dlookup and making sure forms don't close before data is needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom