Ultimate Sports Stories...! (1 Viewer)

GMLWORLDCHAMP!

GMLWorldChamp!
Local time
Today, 09:03
Sports have played a huge role in my and my family's lives, as I'm sure it has in some way for you and yours.

So, here's a place to share some of your favorite stories...I'll start...

Living, breathing, eating, and sleeping Soccer as I did when I went to school, I always thought it would be great to see a professional game; Colorado didn't have much of a soccer following in the early to mid 80's but I watched everything, from the World Cups to semi-pro games and played in quite a few matches in high school.

One day, I was practicing in the park with friends trying to decide if we should go to lunch or stick around for a while longer. We stayed and after a while, we started up another pick up game with others kicking around soccer and volleyballs in the park...

So, who should join our game but a small contingent of players from anInternational team, here on special event promotion for World soccer...

Wow!#?#?! We all quickly learned this level of play was far faster and better! We all learned a lot that afternoon! All of these players showed us everything from back kicks, wind mills, slick new passing techniques, headers, tricks, warm ups,...Amazing!

I can still feel my heart pounding from all the running around, all the great moves I tried to pick up, and the real flow of a pro-level game!

Today's game is great but I'm glad I got to see what Soccer really was at such a young age! Appreciation for any sport is always enhanced by starting it early but nothing is too late to learn to play or watch!

...never did eat lunch that day!?#?$!:D

GMLWORLDCHAMP!

GMLWorldChamp!
Local time
Today, 09:03
Albatross!

Even more rare than the elusive "ACE" (hole-in-one) in golf, this past weekend, I scored the mighty "DOUBLE EAGLE" or "ALBATROSS", as it is referred to in Europe!

From ± 265 yards away, a three metal to about ten yards in front of the green, right in line with the flagstick, one high bounce, roll, ...crash against the pin and in!

...as we were all told by the group just leaving the green in front of us...one of this group's players heard the ball hit and looked back to see how close it might be and ended up watching one of the most rare occurences in golf!

An "ACE" calls for drinks all around but a DOUBLE EAGLE...well, let's just say the rest of the weekend is a BLURRRrrr!?#?$?!:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom