Unable to load in exclusive mode (1 Viewer)

drisconsult

Drisconsult
Local time
Today, 12:38
Hello All

I am unable to set a password on my School databases because I cannot load the program in exclusive mode. I am using Access 13.

The Browse feature required for this procedure is missing. My original database was written using Access 2003, which is version 11, and since has been upgraded to Access 10 and now Access 13. This should not be a problem, but it is, as I am informed that it was Access 97 that originally caused the problem.

Enclosed is a screenshot showing where the missing browsing option should be. Does anybody have a solution to this problem?

Attachments

• Exclusive.png
    Exclusive.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 131

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 20:38
can you not Browse for it using Computer? or Add a Place?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I don't use 2013 - but perhaps try computer, perhaps the exclusive option is there?

drisconsult

Drisconsult
Local time
I don't use 2013 - but perhaps try computer, perhaps the exclusive option is there?
Unfortunately no. I have tried every option available, but all options require the Browse option to progress, which I do not have.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
OK, well I'm out of ideas other than try a reinstall. I presume this is a full version of access, not runtime?

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:38
Enclosed is a screenshot showing where the missing browsing option should be.
Your screenshot does not show where the Browse button is supposed to be.
1653395825507.png

If it is not there (I doubt it), then you can set the Default open mode (in Options - Client Settings) to "Exclusive" and open the database directly from Windows Explorer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom