Unable to save backup (1 Viewer)

M Costumes

Local time
Today, 03:57
I'm trying to save a back-up of my database. Well, it's a copy of one someone here graciously corrected some issues for me that I've been working in all day and adding to.

I'm working on a home computer, not connected to any work networks, etc. and it's giving me the error that it is in use by "admin" and to try again when it's available. I'm "admin" so yes, I'm using it because I'm trying to save it. Any ideas of what I can check or how to save a backup?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Try closing Access and then open Task Manager and kill any open Access process, if any.

M Costumes

Local time
Try closing Access and then open Task Manager and kill any open Access process, if any.
Looks like I just needed to close Access. When I re-opened (no processes running after I closed) it saved a back up just fine. Thanks! I was just really scared to close it out, I'm s close to being done with this project I'm terrified of losing it--ha!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Looks like I just needed to close Access. When I re-opened (no processes running after I closed) it saved a back up just fine. Thanks! I was just really scared to close it out, I'm s close to being done with this project I'm terrified of losing it--ha!
Make sure to create a backup before and after you make any changes. Glad to hear you're good to go now. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom