Unable to update due to lock violations (1 Viewer)

RogerCooper

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:53
A user is receiving the error message "Unable to update due to lock violations" when running a query that updates an Access native table with data from an SQL server table. When I run it from my computer, it works without any problems. We are running on the same network, using the same database, with identical client settings. The default record locking is "No locks". Any idea what the problem could be.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:53
When you run it from your computer, is it the same front-end? What version of the O.S. and are both machines updated to the same level?

RogerCooper

Registered User.
Local time
Same front end & back end. Both are Windows 10.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:53
Same front end? Or COPY of the same front end? If actually sharing the front-end rather than giving each person a private copy, that could have the effect you named.

As to "versions" - open each one. From the File menu, open Help and look for the About section, which will tell you things like build number and release number, which in this case will relate to Access itself. See if they are the same.

From your Windows desktop, click the lower-left Windows "Run" icon, then click the "gear" icon to get to the Settings panel, then click System, then click Help and check that they are the same Window build number (which automatically includes patch numbers).

RogerCooper

Registered User.
Local time
I will check the Access build numbers when the user is off the system. I tested the same front end, not a copy of the front end.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:53
Is this a data issue? Is the bulk update being run from a form? Might the update query update the dirty record on the form? ALWAYS save the current record before running any action query or opening any other form/report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom