Unanswered Questions (1 Viewer)

anthonyk

Local time
Today, 17:08
Okay, apparently I am asking questions that are too difficult to answer from persons in this forum, or simply, no one wants to answer my questions, but lets try a different one. Since I couldn't get an answer to the "Changing QueryDef with VBA in 2000" question, I went ahead and cheated. I converted the Access 97 database into 2000. This gave the 2000 version the capability to run DAO code, there fore the 97 version of my script now works in 2000. Although it's not quite the solution I wanted. My new question is, where and what does it put that allows DAO code to be run in a 2000 Database. Even the Northwind database uses DAO code, and I doubt it was converted from 97. So how do I get the same results without converting databases. Basically, what do I need to do, to a brand new Access 2000 database to use DAO code. I hope someone can suggest an answer. Thank You in advance.

Tom

Local time
I think you just need to set a reference to the DAO object library. In the VBE editor, select Tools-References, then enable the Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library. Tom

Travis

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:08
Also after you make the reference to the DAO library remember that you now reference it this way.

DAO.Recordset

(As for to difficult, I doubt it, I have seen many people on this forum that seem to have a very good head about their shoulders. You need to remember that many are professionals in their fields and only have so much time designated to answering questions for free.)

anthonyk

Local time
Thank You very much, that was exactly what I needed. You have a very nice day.

anthonyk

Local time
I appreciate your guys time, and I knew the questions wern't difficult, but sometimes it easier to convice someone to take the time to write a nasty gram (that includes the help) then to simply help out. I took a chance and it worked. I hope I didn't upset anyone, and thanks again.

Travis

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:08
Just remember More Bees with hunny then Vinager

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom