Local time
Today, 05:59
Gotta give her a 🖐 she's pretty stupid. :oops:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:59
We have a USA saying, "cut off your nose to spite your face" - but that is a whole new level.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I rather liked that movie even if Jack Nicholson went WAY over the top. But then again, Joker is SUPPOSED to be over the top. And at the time, Kim Basinger was definitely a "babe." (I can say that safely because I wasn't married at the time.)

For the record, though, that wasn't the first Batman movie. That honor goes to one of the "serials" from 1943. The SECOND Batman movie was in 1949, also one of the serials. Then there was that little jewel of overacting and super-villain egos from 1966 with Adam West and Burt Ward. So the Michael Keaton/Jack Nicholson movie was #4 in the big screen sequence.

According to the Hollywood "buzz" there is a chance that Michael Keaton will appear again as the Batman in the new Flash movie based on the "Flashpoint" story line. Which would mean that he would actually be playing Thomas Wayne, not Bruce Wayne.

neuroman9999

Local time
Kim Basinger was definitely a "babe." (I can say that safely because I wasn't married at the time.)
ummmmm...YEAH, not anymore! she's freakin ugly now! she's old too. Speaking of the joker role, some people say that Heath Ledger went so overboard learning how to act insane playing the joker that it actually affected his personality in real life. they further speculate that that very reason could have been why he committed suicide.
Then there was that little jewel of overacting and super-villain egos from 1966 with Adam West and Burt Ward.
oh my God, those shows were so cool! I still have the 66 hollywood film starring those guys!
According to the Hollywood "buzz" there is a chance that Michael Keaton will appear again as the Batman in the new Flash movie based on the "Flashpoint" story line. Which would mean that he would actually be playing Thomas Wayne, not Bruce Wayne.
hollywood BUZZ is idiotic. nothing is written until the ink is penned. and even after that it can change. what happens is whatever brings the most money those greedy assholes they call producers.

have you ever watched the interview with Stallone regarding the rocky franchise? he has been quoted as saying this in the interview:
Stallone: You know, I once asked the people who owned the Rocky franchise if they ever felt guilty about the fact that I wrote it, starred in it, and directed it through most of it's life but yet I have never received 1% ownership in it. and their response to me was: ""you got paid"".
you talk about EVIL? that's just bullshit. I feel for Stallone. a very creative man, and the people used him to death and got exactly what they wanted. I wouldn't give those asses the time of day, or a glass of water even if they were dying of thirst.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Sly Stallone did alright for himself in other ways and learned a valuable lesson. Hollywood producers do the same thing that Big Pharma does - they balance out money among their losing and winning movies. That way they can "give a shot" to a small-film production company and show how they are "spreading around the wealth." May I recommend the movie "The Producers" (the early one with Gene Wilder) as a hilarious spoof in the "too true to be good" category. No, that wasn't a typo. Producers use the excessive money from one movie to produce another just like Big Pharma uses the profits from some exorbitantly priced drugs to subsidize some "public service" project of providing cheaper drugs to impoverished countries.

neuroman9999

Local time
just like Big Pharma uses the profits from some exorbitantly priced drugs to subsidize some "public service" project of providing cheaper drugs to impoverished countries.
EXACTLY. the freakin ""assholes"".
Hollywood producers do the same thing that Big Pharma does - they balance out money among their losing and winning movies.
Have you been following Trump's effort to give the finger to big pharma?
That way they can "give a shot" to a small-film production company and show how they are "spreading around the wealth."
NO ONE spreads around the wealth. H.E.L.L.O. This is AMERICA. the white supremacy assholes always win. And if that is threatened, they will shoot.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Two comments:

1. Trump gave Big Pharma the finger when he beat Hillary. She was heavily backed by Big Pharma, who expected lots of new regulations that would allow them to gouge people. She staked her reputation on beating DJT. She lost. Have you ever wondered why she didn't run this time around?

2. You incorrectly assumed that when I was talking about spreading the wealth around that I thought the books would balance out. No. The elite keep a good-sized margin and treat their other activities as "evidence" of their kindness.

To be fair, sometimes their movie ideas are great but "stuff happens." Take a look at the movie Heaven's Gate. Total box-office and critical disaster. $126 MILLION down the drain. Or the Justice League movie - not less than $52 MILL down the tubes. Tom Cruise is a pretty good box-office draw and yet The Mummy (2017 version) sank for at least $63 MILL.

To put it in perspective, though, the production crew always got paid. The little guys got paid. The big stars? Maybe, maybe not.

And despite the raw deal that Sly Stallone got for the Rocky franchise, Robert Downey Jr. made a killing in the Marvel movies with Iron Man because he took less money up front in return for a small percentage of the profits. And at least two of the Avenger movies set box-office records of one kind or another. So maybe Sly Stallone just had inferior agent representation?

neuroman9999

Local time
Take a look at the movie Heaven's Gate. Total box-office and critical disaster. $126 MILLION down the drain. Or the Justice League movie - not less than $52 MILL down the tubes. Tom Cruise is a pretty good box-office draw and yet The Mummy (2017 version) sank for at least $63 MILL.
Actually grandpa, the biggest loser ever (or one of the biggest), in history, was Cutthroat Island. See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_biggest_box-office_bombs#Biggest_box_office_bombs . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutthroat_Island
To put it in perspective, though, the production crew always got paid. The little guys got paid. The big stars? Maybe, maybe not.
That's why Tom Hanks always requests a portion of the profits.
So maybe Sly Stallone just had inferior agent representation?
Let's face it. Stallone isn't the smartest man in the world. Matter of fact, he's a pretty big moron. He's simply lucky. He really can't act worth a shit, and never has been able to. If you wanna watch someone with acting talent, watch Gene Hackman, Tom Hanks, Gary Sinise, Julia Roberts or Meryl Streep.

neuroman9999

Local time
By the way @The_Doc_Man , speaking of white jerks in America not wanting anyone else to threaten their power.....

have you ever wondered why there are so many foreign-born software developers? It's very simple => the white man in America purchased all the automation, set up all the massive networks and servers, sold the ignorant general public on mobile devices and everything else, thus creating the highly profitable idea called BIG DATA, and what they couldn't automate completely, they left for others to pick it up and do the work. That's classic American greed for ya. Extremely LAZY people that make billions of dollars very fast and never have to work again. Then if there's anything left over in form of JOBS from those massive money making schemes, they stick people in the jobs that they don't want threatening their power. Another reason though, more than likely, is that they high people to do those jobs because THEY have no brain to figure the technology out, but the people they hire, DO. They also simply do not WANT to figure the overly-complex systems they made billions of dollars off of, because once again, dare I say, they're LAZY. And unfortunately, foreign-born workers are PERFECT candidates for those roles. Why? Because a lot of them don't have employment opportunities in their native countries, for one thing. Not to mention the fact that a lot of them are extremely competent, technically speaking. So some of them are very grateful to take what they can get in the form of employment offered from Americans.

But rest assured, if the white man can earn an extra dollar by automating a software developer out of his/her job, he won't hesitate to do it. Although, it seems that the attitude that I'm describing might be changing a little bit from the authorities in America. In terms of them not letting their greed get out of control, but rather offering huge amounts of employment opportunities for many Americans. But rest assured though, the bottom line is that they want the fu**ing money.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Since this is the Watercooler, you are allowed to express your views. However, a disclaimer is in order.

To all other readers, both members and guests:

The views expressed here by user neuroman9999 do not reflect the views of management or staff of Access World Forums and are solely based on his own personal viewpoint. It is the nature of this section of the site that even unpopular and unreasonable viewpoints may be expressed.

Access World Forums takes no responsibility for the content of this user's posts.

neuroman9999

Local time
Since this is the Watercooler, you are allowed to express your views. However, a disclaimer is in order.

To all other readers, both members and guests:

The views expressed here by user neuroman9999 do not reflect the views of management or staff of Access World Forums and are solely based on his own personal viewpoint. It is the nature of this section of the site that even unpopular and unreasonable viewpoints may be expressed.

Access World Forums takes no responsibility for the content of this user's posts.
shall I modify it? It has not been done so by you or any other mod. and someone of authority here told me that cursing is allowed in the watercooler as long as it's in reason. sooooooooo?

neuroman9999

Local time
Fortunately I have turned the offensive/idiotic/uneducated/blasphemous/single-small minded person off and I cannot read anything he produces.
since Tony can't see me, shall someone PM him and tell him to give me a call on the tele? I could give a little instruction to him on how to sell services. =) I've already talked to him long long ago. and he was nice back then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom