Unrecognized database (1 Viewer)

amir0914

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:46
Hello all,
Yesterday, I was working on my two MS Access projects and my system (windows 10) was crashed and restarted suddenly. After running system, the two Accdb files give this error :

"Unrecognized database format ........."

I also tried some recovery access database tools and I didn't get any result like "**************** for Access".
Has someone ever experienced it ?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:46
First, if you have two apparently dead files, make backup copies of each one NOW before doing anything else. That way you have copies that you use to create other working copies.

Then, on COPIES of the files, attempt compact & repair to see if either one will "awaken."

If you have two files failing, one question is "Were they both open at the same time?"

If THAT answer is yes (both were open at once), see if you can open any other Access databases - and if you HAVE no other databases, attempt to create a new one. (You are testing whether Access works.)

If only one of the two damaged DBs were open, OR if you now cannot even create a new and empty Access DB, you might wish to re-install Access.

Speaking of which, ... what version of Access were you running, and do you know whether it was a 32-bit or a 64-bit version?

If none of the questions and suggestions help, I'll defer to my colleagues who might offer other solutions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom