Solved Updating pricing for a vendors table (1 Viewer)

slharman1

Local time
Today, 07:47
I have a table with parts and their costs along with other information in various fields. I got an updated price list from one of my vendors and I need to update all of the pricing from that particular vendor. I have an excel spreadsheet with the new pricing, it includes the model number for the parts as well. I can remove all of the fields in the vendor spreadsheet that don’t translate to my table and I am left with the model number and new price, so two fields. Is there a way to update my parts table using the data I’m the excel spreadsheet. That would save me hours of work having to update each price individually.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 20:47
you create a linked table on the modified excel (make sure column name match the table fieldnames).
create an Update query:

update yourTable A Right Join yourLinkedExcel B On A.partNumber = B.PartNumber Set A.Model = B.Model, A.Price = B.Price;

(i assumed that each partNumber is different for each vendors).

EDIT: if there is New partNumber from vendor that needs to be added:

update yourTable A Right Join yourLinkedExcel B On A.partNumber = B.PartNumber Set A.partNumber = B.partNumber, A.Model = B.Model, A.Price = B.Price;

slharman1

Local time
Today, 07:47
you create a linked table on the modified excel (make sure column name match the table fieldnames).
create an Update query:

update yourTable A Right Join yourLinkedExcel B On A.partNumber = B.PartNumber Set A.Model = B.Model, A.Price = B.Price;

(i assumed that each partNumber is different for each vendors).

EDIT: if there is New partNumber from vendor that needs to be added:

update yourTable A Right Join yourLinkedExcel B On A.partNumber = B.PartNumber Set A.partNumber = B.partNumber, A.Model = B.Model, A.Price = B.Price;
Thanks but I have a question: my parts table has many parts from many vendors and I am only wanting to update the parts from one vendor. Will this still work?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 20:47
you also have vendorcode/name on your table, add it to the Join:

Code:
Update yourTable A
    Right Join yourLinkedExcel B
        On A.partNumber = B.PartNumber And
        A.VendorCode = B.VendorCode
    Set A.VendorCode = B.VendorCode,
        A.partNumber = B.partNumber,
        A.Model = B.Model,
        A.Price = B.Price;