Upvoting posts (1 Viewer)

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 04:50
Can someone tell me what the purpose of this is? Stack overflow has this too ..

20210622_181432.jpg

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:50
I noticed that your post has been missed therefore I am bumping it up the list so that it gets another go... Mind you, the simple answer to your question is the title of your thread "Upvoting posts"

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
As it happens, I don't see that on my computer. I see that you have that from a cell phone image, probably running Android. May I assume you are using Chrome to get to the posts in question? That might clarify something. Firefox on Win10 doesn't show the items you circled. I don't have (and don't want) Chrome on my computer so cannot test it.

conception_native_0123

Local time
As it happens, I don't see that on my computer. I see that you have that from a cell phone image, probably running Android. May I assume you are using Chrome to get to the posts in question? That might clarify something. Firefox on Win10 doesn't show the items you circled. I don't have (and don't want) Chrome on my computer so cannot test it.
Yes doc man, the screenshot is from chrome on an Android phone. And it as I remember, I don't see the up or down voting stuff on a actual computer either.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
So... from the actual computer, do you use Chrome? If so, return to that page and see whether what you asked about was a "Chrome" artifact or an "Android" artifact. All I can confirm is that it isn't present on Firefox on a desktop computer.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:50
I see it in FF Doc, but it's to the right. That said, if memory serves it's only turned on in certain forums.

1624837868285.png

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I see it in FF Doc, but it's to the right. That said, if memory serves it's only turned on in certain forums.

View attachment 92682
So far I have not seen anything in that position to the right of any post in any forums I have visited so far. Since you are also a moderator, Paul, I wonder if it is being suppressed by a Firefox setting. I have my FF security cranked up a little compared to the average person.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Certain forums here was what I meant. I'm sure @Jon can answer for sure.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
So far I have not seen anything in that position to the right of any post in any forums I have visited so far. Since you are also a moderator, Paul, I wonder if it is being suppressed by a Firefox setting. I have my FF security cranked up a little compared to the average person.

That may be true, though mine's on "Strict". Make sure you check the thread above, since as I say only some AWF forums have that turned on.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Settings and the Kaspersky add-on

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
In addition to the link I posted earlier, also take a look at this one and scroll down to "Question threads" and "Suggestion threads."

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Finally came across one of them, to the right side of the main post in the case I saw.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:50
I didn't implement the Questions type threads because I got lacklustre feedback when I brought it up as a new site feature. The PowerApps section has it as a default, since that was requested specifically. You can do the Question types thread in the Modules forum, but it is not the default option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom