US Treasury or IRS (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 08:55
Anybody know how I can find out how much money I have sent in for my Estimated Tax

I have searched extensively on IRS and US Treasury web sites. All I come up with is how to send them more money (not surprising)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If you have on line access to your checking account, look there. That is what I do. Big amounts like that stand out like the sore thumbs they are:(

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
If you have on line access to your checking account, look there. That is what I do. Big amounts like that stand out like the sore thumbs they are:(
Thanks Pat. I have the amounts and checks I wrote this year in Quicken. My problem they send me a letter saying have another outstanding amount from 2018. My accountant says it looks like they did not roll it over to 2019 taxes like my tax return called for. The amount in the letter differs from the amount that quicken says I sent them in 2021

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:55
If you have an accountant, make him/her earn the fees.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
If you have an accountant, make him/her earn the fees.
I have often offered him 50% increase in fee's but he said 50% of nothing is still nothing. You know how accountants like to play with numbers.
Reminds me of the accountant being interview for a job. The owner wanted to test his math. He said what is 10% gross 0f $5000.00 a month for 36 months. The accountant walks over to the door, closed it and whispered, what do you want it to be.
He has about 125 preachers that he does taxes for free. He also has around 200 churches that he checks their books for free, but then he also has 200 churches that send him monthly support anywhere from $50 a month to $500.00 a month.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 05:55
Do you have an online irs.gov account you can log in to? I just started using mine a couple years ago. In some aspects it's ridiculously limited, and in others somewhat useful. I just checked mine and there is a Payment Activity tab, showing all my payments.

Perhaps you can use that too and it will help

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Do you have an online irs.gov account you can log in to? I just started using mine a couple years ago. In some aspects it's ridiculously limited, and in others somewhat useful. I just checked mine and there is a Payment Activity tab, showing all my payments.

Perhaps you can use that too and it will help
yes, I have irs.gov I will look again. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom