USA Civil War? (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:12
Very interesting podcast this:-

Clay Martin, a retired US Green Beret, and author, discusses how likely there will be a Civil War ..

Also advice on what to do, so if you go along with his idea that you should form a group of like-minded people to cope with the situation then maybe you should start a thread in this forum, and begin building up your civil war survival crew!

Mind you, you'll probably end up with a lot of guys who can fix a computer, which won't be much use!

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 06:12
Very interesting podcast this:-

Clay Martin, a retired US Green Beret, and author, discusses how likely there will be a Civil War ..

Also advice on what to do, so if you go along with his idea that you should form a group of like-minded people to cope with the situation then maybe you should start a thread in this forum, and begin building up your civil war survival crew!

Mind you, you'll probably end up with a lot of guys who can fix a computer, which won't be much use!

This made me a little sad, but then I remembered Jesus Christ is still seated at the right hand of God, and anyone who chooses to believe is seated with Him. Regardless of what happens in this world.

Hopeful we can preserve our civilization, though. I would guess a USA civil war would most certainly draw in other interested parties too...which could get really complicated, and large... What do you think?

The idea of having a network of people to help through an emergency time - or if your surroundings become like that movie Book of Eli - is a great idea, though...And yes, a bit depressing that most people won't know how to do anything other than fix computers or whatever else happens in offices that has nothing to do with survival.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Sounds like we need a "new" war to rally the sheep around a common cause as ln Ukraine? That will get everyone on the same page, tongue firmly in cheek.

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Can't American voters see how obvious it all its ???

Biden's son's $80k/month job at Burisma in Ukraine, Biden manipulating the corruption investigator, The Biden family's connections with Ukraine business, the liberals' obsession with the Russia fantasy (that somehow Trump and Russia are connected, they'll find a connection or die trying).

Now Biden is for some odd reason obsessed with protecting Ukraine, not a NATO member, at "all costs".

Hmm, what might be going on here. So odd!!!

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Now Biden is for some odd reason obsessed with protecting Ukraine, not a NATO member, at "all costs".

The Biden crime family is without doubt being blackmailed by Ukraine. Help us or we spill the beans on Hunter. The military industrial complex are happy to oblige.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 09:12
received_291514316191834.jpeg

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I watched The Deer Hunter for the first time in '83 while I was at my first duty station in Japan at the tender age of 18. This scene left an indelible mark on me regarding the effect this war had on our service members in Viet Nam.

In Japan, I was surprised at how many prior service members had married Japanese women and stayed there - WHY would anyone choose to live anywhere if the US was an option?? The musings of an arrogant child...

As I have gotten older, if not matured, I can see the draw to live elsewhere.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I watched The Deer Hunter for the first time in '83 while I was at my first duty station in Japan at the tender age of 18. This scene left an indelible mark on me regarding the effect this war had on our service members in Viet Nam.

In Japan, I was surprised at how many prior service members had married Japanese women and stayed there - WHY would anyone choose to live anywhere if the US was an option?? The musings of an arrogant child...

As I have gotten older, if not matured, I can see the draw to live elsewhere.

As I read that I felt at least somewhat of a commonality in my own journey. When I was little, I imagined that everyone wished they could come to the US. Now granted - a quarter million people a month are willing to die trying....BUT..

As I began to meet and relationship with my wife's family down in Mexico, my eyes were really opened.
I could bring up a dozen reasons, but let's just start with one: Their lives were far happier than almost any American person or family I knew...

And that's just MEXICO (!) So I can begin to at least try to imagine just how much your eyes were opened when seeing the "pro's" of Japan..

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Their lives were far happier than almost any American person or family I knew...
Exactly! I have lived abroad in Japan, Spain and Italy. The people in these countries just seemed more happy then us Americans. When I watch the people mill about here, everyone is in a hurry and preoccupied...sleep walking. Damn depressing...

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I know back in Missouri (where I was born). At least in the rural areas, life is a lot slower. More concern about the weather than politics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom