Tip Use the System Application Log (1 Viewer)

elbowman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:03
Tip....When you're working on Name/Data macros and struggling, like I was, you will see at the bottom of your table a notice that there are errors. Click this link to open the database's System Application Log. You will see a table that lists all the errors being thrown and where they are coming from. I found this information invaluable in isolating my mistakes.

The first column, SourceObject, tells you which field, form, table, or macro is causing the error. The Description and Context columns give you excellent tips on the why of the failure.

Most likely there will be a series of errors for one event. Check the first error in the series for the most likely cause of the problem. Subsequent errors are caused when the initial problem cascades through it's entire process. The Created column shows the time each error occurred, which helps to determine the first error in the series.

Another way to open the System Application Log is to click the File tab, in Access 2010, click on Info, then click the red X for the Application Log.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom