User Input Query using Data/Time (1 Viewer)

Locopete99

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:20
Hi,

I have a table that records user queries for other departments. This has a Date/Time field in for "Date Raised".

We changed it from a simple date to Date / Time so we could see what hours of the day were more productive.....We did not envisage being in a lock down with users working from home.

I now have a team leader that wants to see how many records his users are creating daily.

How can I do this using a select query and having a user input as part of the criteria?

I have tried the below, so the user would enter a date, I.e 25/03/20 and then it would add 09:00:00 to it.

Or is there a simpler way to query Date / Times using just the date?

Code:
>[Please enter date:] & #09:00:00#

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:20
It is not clear what you want to query. If you want all values for that date then convert the field in a query to just the date part

DateOnly: Int(Nz([dateTimeField]))

now you can just enter a date on that calculated field. Int removes the time portion which is a fraction.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Yesterday, 18:20
Locopete, you say this:
I now have a team leader that wants to see how many records his users are creating daily.

How can I do this using a select query and having a user input as part of the criteria?
the obvious answer to that question is:

When a user creates a record, you must have a date/time field that records the time of record creation. For instance, a control source in a textbox like this:
Code:
=NOW()
We assume you already have one?

You also say this:
I have tried the below, so the user would enter a date, I.e 25/03/20 and then it would add 09:00:00 to it.

Code:
>[Please enter date:] & #09:00:00#
if you already have a date field that has values in it like this:
Code:
03/24/2020 09:00:00AM
and you want to query the records out by having a user enter a DATE ONLY, just give it a try. Did you? If I remember right, that should return what you want. But regardless, the statements of yours that I've quoted above still kind of contradict one another. Furthermore, date/time fields in access are not sophisticated in nature outside of how they are formatted (eg. - LONG DATE SHORT DATE, SHORT TIME, etc....). Not like mysql or sql server.

MajP

Local time
@vba_php
I may be wrong but I assume the OP originally had a date only field and they provided an input date to query. It therefore did something like
workDate = #1/1/2020#
Now that the field accepts time it returns no records since I doubt anyone enters a date time as 1/1/2020 00:00:00 am
So you need to get rid of the time portion in the query.
Int(Nz([WorkDate])) = #1/1/2020#
will return all records for that date even though they have a time component

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:20
use the datevalue function which returns just the date part of a datetime field

datevalue(workdate)=#01/01/2020#

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Majp,

I'm just offering something different. They will know what to do regardless of what they read

MajP

Local time
and you want to query the records out by having a user enter a DATE ONLY, just give it a try. Did you?
@vba_php
It may be different, but it is also wrong. I thought I explained why if you query a field with date and time parts but provide only a date part, no records are returned. Unless I misunderstood and you are asking them to give it a try to prove it fails which is strange advice.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
you are asking them to give it a try to prove it fails which is strange advice.
yes, that's what I was telling them to do. that's the best thing one can do before posting a question to a forum like this. fruthermore, you are correct in your advice. nice work Mr. Wheelhouse. =)

Attachments

• majP test.zip
    52.5 KB · Views: 94

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom