"UserID" created from query to bring on "Login form" in Multi user login System (1 Viewer)

Ihk

Local time
Today, 15:38
Wanted to create Multi User login System in access. For This I have completed following steps.

Note: for this I want users to login in the system by using their “Login ID” / UserID” which is created by system automatically.

(1) I created user registration form, it is working

(2) I have users table, which contains users info

(3) I created “Users Query” which creates “UserID / LogIn ID” based on User First Name and Name, which will they enter in registration form. This Users Query Source is User table.

What is Extra:

My user Query Table has extra field of “UserID/LoginID” which does not exist in Users Table.

(4) Problem:

How to bring this “UsersID/ LoginID” to login form, which should not be prefilled but user has to fill it by his own and system will recognize it whether it exists and correct.

NOTE: I am new to this, not an expert. So I am stuck at this step.

(5) If I had “userID/LoginID” in Users Table, then I would not had any problem, I would have created login form to link with that, also password etc as well.

• Now only my problem is with, when “LoginID” created by the system automatically is existing in the UsersQuery, don’t know, How to code this to bring to login form, to be workable for users who have registered in system.

• Can some one explain me or refer me to youtube video, which is explaining this that Data Picking from Query and matching it with the User who is logging in.
  • Thanks in advance.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:38
Here are a couple of related threads that seem to be what you want.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 22:38
if you let the system create the userid, then you're user will be left
guessing what is the generated userid.
you are supposed to Save whatever userID, password the user
enrolled on the Login form as first time user.
when saving these info, save also the IP of the user.
there might be same users with same userID, but the
IP uniquely identifies them.

zeroaccess

Local time
I find it much easier for both the user and the admin to let Windows tell the program who the current user is, and validate off of that. No password management...

At least in my environment, each user has a workstation and protocol is ONLY that person is logged into and using that computer. When someone walks away, they lock the computer or log out. No one shares.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
ArnelGP, don't forget that in a DHCP in-house network, the IP is somewhat fluid from day to day.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 22:38
you would then need a Static IP for each workstation.
to check the currently assigned ip, on cmd prompt:

ipconfig

then assign it manually using same ip being displayed.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 14:38
In case it helps, I have two example apps you can look at and are welcome to use if either suits your needs
Logged in users and Password login
The latter would probably be of most use to you but it does require storing passwords in the BE. If you do this, it is essential that info is strongly encrypted and cannot be accessed by end users.

Alternatively if you have active directory (AD) on your network, it is often preferable to use that to validate users have permission to use your application (as suggested by zero access) as no passwords then need to be stored locally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom