Using DODCMD transfer (1 Viewer)

Db-why-not

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:39
Thanks for that, Paul. I missed that as I was focusing on the acTable argument, which should export the resultsets as a table but I think you're right - change True to False.
Ok, thanks I just tried that and now the querys are exporting properly. They have all the data in them and they are a copy, not a link. I just need to figure out how to get the tables to be an actual copy and not a link.

Db-why-not

Registered User.
Local time
I see that I can select the linked tables and right click, then convert to local table. That works but I wanted everything to be automatic. I will be having someone else doing this.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:39
Thanks for that, Paul. I missed that as I was focusing on the acTable argument, which should export the resultsets as a table but I think you're right - change True to False.

It's an untested shot in the dark, but looks like it worked. ;)

Db-why-not

Registered User.
Local time
I just made all the data/ tables I wanted to export into querys, and that works to export the data as a copy and not a just a link. But it creates another problem. I have a couple long text fields in some of my tables that are also formatted as Rich text fields. So I can make text bold and different colors. When I export the data through the query it loses the Rich text formatting, then it has all the HTML tags in the text. When I export the data directly from the table it doesn't lose the Rich Text formatting. I tried setting the Query format to RTF for that data field but it still lost the Rich Text formatting (Has the HTML tags in the text).

I would prefer to just export the data directly from the tables, but it keeps on only exporting the link and not a copy of the table, when I do that. I think it has to do with the file I am using is a front end file and the tables are just linked in the access file I am using to export the data.

Is there a way with VBA code to automatically make table a local copy and not a linked copy? I know how to make the table a local copy within the database, but I want it to automatically do this after it exports the tables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom