VBA ActiveX plugin LiveStream (1 Viewer)

Sac

Local time
Today, 14:45
Hello AccessWorld community,

Is there a way to use an access form with an activeX plugin embeded to show livestream video feed from a camera via an external capture card.
I developed an small access/VBA application to read the video file, take the picture and write the picture observation. I store the info in the database and display it in other forms. However, I would like to do the same but with live video.
I would use an external video capture card to capture the video to the laptop/PC from a camera. The capture card connects to the PC/laptop via 2.0 USB and to the camera as component.

Thank you all,

Sac

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:45
can you use VLC activex?

Sac

Local time
arnelgp,

I heard that you can record with the webcam and the VLC axtiveX plugin. But I am not sure.
I used the VLC activeX plugin to play the videos and take snapshots thanks to you!! I am looking to be able to capture video with the vlc plugin.
Is there any other way to do this by using access and VBScript? Or do I have to change to a different platform and program language to accomplish the task? Any hel/comment would be appreciated.
Attached is the interface I created with access forms and VBScript. It uploads the video, Take the picture of a defect of the sewer pipe. And I enter the comment for the picture.
But I would like to be able to capture the video live and take the picture with its comment on the fly. Currently I record the video and then I use the video to do the inspection with the access application.

Sac.

Attachments

• Sewer_Inspection_Interface.jpg
    Sewer_Inspection_Interface.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 563

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:45
here is a basic. capture image using vlc.
the image is low quality so you need to do
some researching on how to improve this.
also it only uses the Cam.
another research to do on how to use external
source.

Attachments

• VLCCapture.accdb
    472 KB · Views: 461

Sac

Local time
arnelgp,

I will look into other options. I though if I can use the webcam, then I should be able to use the a capturing external card and the sewer cam.
However, I will do some research on other options.

Thanks again!!

Sac

Sac

Local time
arnelgp,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to redirect me to the code to record from webcam!!
I will study it and see if I can take the idea for my application. The only difference is that I would have to read the video feed from an external video capture card that is connects to the laptop/computer via USB. And the other end of the external video capture card is connected to the video output port of the video control box. The Sewer camera is connected to the Video Control box. The video control box has a component video output port.

Sac

Attachments

• 61vriRNy2bL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    61vriRNy2bL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 468

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom