Solved VBA Export to Excel Permissions (1 Viewer)

LiziM

Local time
Today, 09:39
Hi all :) I am trying to create a button that, when clicked, opens a file dialog so the user can choose where to have "tbl_Transaction_Master" exported from Access as an Excel spreadsheet.

I am getting the following error when I try and export the Excel doc to my desktop (my desktop folder is not open and I have tested it with other folders too):
"
Run-time error '3051':
The Microsoft Access database enginer cannot open or writ to the file 'C:\Users\Lizi\Desktop'. It is alread opened exclusively by another user,or you need permission to view and write its data.
"
The error occurs at the following line of code:
Code:
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, dbTable, xlWorksheetPath, True

However, when I check my permissions properties for my Desktop folder, as the pic below shows, I do have read and write permissions. Hope someone can help :)
1612699453892.png

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 07:39
That is NOT a file though?, just a folder path?
You need to append "\" and the actual filename with ".xlsx" or similar to create the file.

Showing the actual code would help?

LiziM

Local time
Today, 09:39
Thank you for your help. That worked. Also noticed I was passing an invalid document name before (it contained "/" and ":"), which I have fixed now, thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom