version conflict (1 Viewer)

jrjr

A work in progress
Local time
Today, 16:06
An application that I made was created in Access 2000 as I was told that all users had at least this or newer. Of course a user with 97 popped up. Instead of having them purchase 2000 or newer I converted my app to 97 version. I expected troubles with references. So far this has only been a phone conversation and I plan on going there later today. The user says hitting alt/F11 does nothing... no code window comes up. I had her look through the menus for the code window but she says there is nothing there. She is getting runtime 3433 (she thinks) and unrecognized database format when trying to open a form. The database did open when holding the shift key though.

Before I go there, how do I open the code window for 97?
Any other suggestions? I bet this is a reference thing but there may be a problem with their access install too. There are 2 users at this location with the same issues... at least it sounds like it.

Bat17

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:06
Modules in A97 have there own tab, they open in the same window as the DB not a seperate one.
The menus are tabbed across the top of the screen rather than down the side.
As well as references there are some functions which wern't introduced untill A2K which may catch you out, I think Replace() and Split() were not available but can't recal what else came in then.
ADO came in with A2K as well so if you have used it in code that will need reworking as well.

HTH

Peter

jrjr

A work in progress
Local time
Thanks

I will be going to the location in a couple of hours so I will see what turns up. I may have to install A97 before this is done....

jrjr

A work in progress
Local time
I checked out the trouble. I had converted the FE to 97 but not the BE. The menu opens fine on load but when a form is asked to open, it of course is requesting info from the BE and throws an error of unrecognized database. I guess this is to be expected. Today I will try converting the BE to 97 and see if the 2000 version will still work ok. BE is strictly tables.

Bat17

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:06
I have several 2000 FE working off of A97 tables. You should have no problems with that.

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom