View running very slow (1 Viewer)

Mittle

Local time
Today, 15:23
I agree with you and considered using at the onset of the Project but because of the "buts/complications " for example the fact that you cant modify base table without affecting view definition and having to drop it to remove dependencies etc so the answer is NO I haven't used it .

also am trying to keep the Ms Access Migration Project am helping out with as simple as possible without introducing too much complication because I would leave it to the owners to manage and administer once complete and they dont have much SQL Server knowledge .

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 08:23
I agree with you and considered using at the onset of the Project but because of the "buts/complications " for example the fact that you cant modify base table without affecting view definition and having to drop it to remove dependencies etc so the answer is NO I haven't used it .

also am trying to keep the Ms Access Migration Project am helping out with as simple as possible without introducing too much complication because I would leave it to the owners to manage and administer once complete and they dont have much SQL Server knowledge .
ok interesting. thanks for the replies.

yeah i've tried to implement it a few times, and I can't even remember all the gotcha's - there are a lot more than just can't modify base table - I ran into about 5 drawbacks and finally thought gee, if it's going to be like this, i might as well persist it into a table and run a job to update it every night.

Mittle

Local time
Today, 15:23
are u kidding me ? more drawbacks.do u remember any more though

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 08:23
you can only reference other schemabound views in the view

something to do with grouping or calculations in views - but i can't remember precisely what this one was right now.

the notation/prefixing is different or more restricted

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom