Visit planner (1 Viewer)

Razzbarry

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:03
Hi,
I am trying to simplify my business trip planning process. I generate a list in a table which includes customer names, addresses, date, time plus some other data I use for my suppliers. I manually pull each address into google maps to determine the most efficient route. I thought about just exporting into a format that I can load into Google maps and rearrange the schedule as necessary. Can I embed a google map that I can actively switch route order? I tried some searches with no luck. I am guessing this has been done many times but I am using the wrong word descriptors. Any better ideas? I am trying to maximize my time especially while traveling.
Thanks in advance!
Razzbarry

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 14:03
I think Isladogs posted something like that have a look at his posts or maybe somebody else will know where it is

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:03
Hi Razz. Are you asking how to basically run Google Maps from within an Access Form?

Razzbarry

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:03
Hi DBGuy,
Ultimately I need to see where customers are in relation to each other from their addresses and reorder for meeting planning. I generate a list of 5 customers labeled 1 thru 5, map them and realize that i need to switch the order to 3,4,1,5,2 based off of proximity. I then reorder appointment times based off of travel time. Sometimes I have to juggle it with different dates and then rearrange on conflict. If there were something that were embedded then great but if not. Just trying to make it easier and efficient.
Thanks for your input,
Razzbarry

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 14:03
As MickJav mentioned I have a number of apps that include the use of map images.
Have a look at both of these example apps both of which include Google maps based on location.
Get Current Geolocation, UK Postcode Finder
Both links are to my website but the two apps are also in the sample databases section of this forum

These form a small part of a commercial app UK Postal Address Finder also available from my website. The screenshots on that webpage may give you more ideas about some things that can be done with these map images including adding push pins, circles centred on a location, boundary lines etc.
The commercial app also includes a route planner feature based on a itinerary of locations for that day. Mainly intended for use with deliveries but equally suitable for your purposes. If you want to try out that feature you could download the time limited evaluation version but for obvious reasons that doesn't give access to the code.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 21:03
on some movies I saw, the investigating cop had a big map and a push pins...
the movie is hitec yet they use old days type writer and msg tube (like in j.wick3)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom