WebBrowser Control > Google Maps (1 Viewer)

Pyro

Too busy to comment
Local time
Tomorrow, 10:47
I have a project wherein a Google Map is used to display pins of various jobs within a WebBrowser control.

Recently it has been brought to my attention that the use of the Maps JavaScript API and Embed API for IE11 will be fully decommissioned. At present the map still displays correctly with a message that reads You are using a browser that is not supported by the Google Maps JavaScript API. Please consider changing your browser.

Since the WebBrowser control utilizes Internet Explorer, I am looking for alternatives to continue displaying the same data. Does anybody have a suggestion for how the same might be achieved?

Thanks in advance for your time.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:47
Only thing I could think of is to use an external browser. Would that be an option?

Pyro

Too busy to comment
Local time
Tomorrow, 10:47
Only thing I could think of is to use an external browser. Would that be an option?
Probably not...

There is additional code that grabs a screenshot of the WebBrowser control, saves it as an image file, and displays it in a report to be PDF>Emailed...

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Probably not...

There is additional code that grabs a screenshot of the WebBrowser control, saves it as an image file, and displays it in a report to be PDF>Emailed...
Will the user be interacting with the browser control? If not, there was an option to download an image of the map with pins from Google, so you can just display it using a Picture control (would work with your report as well).

bdtmike

Local time
I have the same problem. Real estate app that displays a map with pushpins using Microsoft Access and Google Maps. My users are getting the nag message that they should change browsers. Also that Google Map Javascript won't support IE.

The examples of changing the Registry Setting Emulation Mode to 11001 (Edge Emulation) don't work.
In my situation I have a more advanced integration with the web page in that mouse events fire off VBA events in my Access Forms.

I'm needing the WebBrowser control to emulate Edge so Google Maps is happy once again.
If anyone has an answer to this, I'm all ears.

-Mike

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I have the same problem. Real estate app that displays a map with pushpins using Microsoft Access and Google Maps. My users are getting the nag message that they should change browsers. Also that Google Map Javascript won't support IE.

The examples of changing the Registry Setting Emulation Mode to 11001 (Edge Emulation) don't work.
In my situation I have a more advanced integration with the web page in that mouse events fire off VBA events in my Access Forms.

I'm needing the WebBrowser control to emulate Edge so Google Maps is happy once again.
If anyone has an answer to this, I'm all ears.

-Mike
Hi Mike. Welcome to AWF!

I know MS is in the process of upgrading the browser control (if they haven't already). But, I'm not sure if you can wait for that or not.

PS. I just checked. Looks like it's scheduled for a Sep '22 release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom