Weird Conditional Formatting Error (1 Viewer)

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:13
Hi All,

I've been struggling with this for a few hours and Mr Google hasn't helped so...

I have a continuous subform that has CF applied to it to highlight certain rows.
On the subform header I have a button to apply a sort on one column done in VBA. Clicking on it a second time reverses the sort order, this works fine.

If you right-click in the form and sort on any column you get the following error
1588347726944.png

After clicing OK the sort is applied and all the CF works as it should.
The Automation object referred to is actually a field in the underlying form data and is used to drive the CF, which all works.

Obviously I could get around this by adding code and a button to sort on the other columns, but I can't see why I'm getting the error and can't even surpress it.
Now just for a further conundrum, you don't get the error if you open the sub form on its own and repeat the steps to try and generate the error.
I thought it was something to do with a counter on the parent form that looked up the same data, but removed that and am still getting the same problem.

Has anyone seen this sort of behaviour before?

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:13
Now just for a further conundrum, you don't get the error if you open the sub form on its own
No, but did you see the other thread here today where a subform action raised a warning 2x if opened normally but 1x on its own? I looked at the code and couldn't see why. Turned out the subform was corrupted and the issue went away when recreated. Just throwing that out for consideration.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:13
No, but did you see the other thread here today where a subform action raised a warning 2x if opened normally but 1x on its own? I looked at the code and couldn't see why. Turned out the subform was corrupted and the issue went away when recreated. Just throwing that out for consideration.
@Micron - No I didn't - Certainly worth a look at an older version to see it if behaves the same way!
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom