• I am creating a new home page for this site, where the focus will be on directing people to the forums. If you would like to provide a testimonial, I would be most grateful. The thread where this is discussed can be found here: Seeking Testimonials Alternatively, just private message me.

What is the difference between Photoshop and Illustrator? (1 Viewer)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:43
Hi. Welcome to AWF! As their named imply, Photoshop is for manipulating photos while Illustrator is for drawing images.

isladogs

CID
Local time
Today, 13:43
Whilst that is their primary function, there are some feature overlaps.
In the past, I used Illustrator to edit saved photos/images as I find the Photoshop interface over complex for my purposes.

jocph

Local time
Today, 20:43
Photoshop is for editing raster or bitmap images and Illustrator is for vector images. Bitmaps are saved pixel by pixel that's why as the resolution goes high, the file size gets proportionately bigger. Meanwhile, vector images are saved using math formulas and are relatively small in file sizes. When used in a document or web pages, vector images can even be blown up in size without affecting its clarity. However, both apps have overlapping capabilities now. This is just how I understand this and experts may know more. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom