What is your most memorable event / experience that will stay with you forever? (1 Viewer)

murphybridget

Local time
Today, 10:18
Now, three years later, this thread re-opens. I've had other experiences that were moving, profound, or just a lot of fun.

When the Apollo program finally put Neil Armstrong on the moon, Dad and I stayed up to watch. It was late in our time zone but we stayed the course. (Counts as "profound".)

Dad and I were not sports fans but we were in Washington DC in 1974 and had the chance to attend the first home game of the Washington Capitals hockey team. They played against the Chicago Blackhawks and won. I had a chance to explain ice hockey to Dad, who was himself a football person. I was more ecumenical about sports at the time. Like the old joke, "we went to a fight and a hockey game broke out." We also had a chance to see just how rough the sport could be when Keith Magnussen stopped a slap-shot on goal, leading with his chin. The game stopped for several minutes and when they got him to stand up, his white "away game" short had streaks of red. Two guys helped him up and supported him as the took him off the ice. He was definitely in another dimension at the time. His lights were on but nobody was home. (Counts as "fun.")

When I got married and not long after that my stepson turned me into a grandpa, holding my brand new grandson for the first time fell into the "moving" category.
Sure it was.

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Today, 07:48
As the title hints at, we all have memorable experiences, it can be anything, something simple like driving Route 66, getting a certain job, or car or meeting the Queen or President.
What is yours? However insignificant you think it is to others, it must be the most memorable or meaningful to you. I know we all have several, but there must be one and only list one for you.
To those that despise me, I'm not trying to knock anyone, or a country or a race. I'm just interested in your experience you put above all others.
Just a light hearted interlude from the current stresses we all face at the moment. Please keep the thread on track, people's perception of a momentous event interests me. I'll post mine in due course
Col
A school time tour at starting of my teenage...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom