What phone(s) do you have? (1 Viewer)

NJudson

Who farted?
Local time
Today, 15:58
I work for a wireless carrier so I'm using the standard Sony-Ericsson T637 that they issue all the employees. Although it is not a high-end phone it is a good phone all-around. I also have a Nokia 6800 for testing purposed. It doesn't have as many bells and whistles, but its transmit and receive is better. In fact, I believe that in most cases Nokia phones are superior quality-wise (better receive sensitivity) compared to most other makes and models. Of course though, most customers probably don't give a rat's ass because they're more concerned whether they can download the A-Team ringtone or not. :rolleyes:

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Today, 20:58
I just have an old Nokia 3210. All I need is something to make calls; I don't feel the need to play Java games, listen to mp3s, or surf the net whilst on the move.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I have a Nokia 7250i

I got it because it has a camera which is handy. But for ease of use, I preferred my old Nokia 3310.
I use it for calls, texting and the camera, nothing else. I have no idea what a WAP is or how to download anything - its a mystery to me all this hi-technology stuff.

I still find the gramophone rather magical, how you get nice music out of grooves on a black plastic disc by scraping a needle along them. :rolleyes: ;)

Col

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
I have a siemans C65

I used to have Nokia 3210 that did everything I wanted butthe display packed up

I bought the Siemans cos it was the cheapest phone I could find that had a camera. Want camera because of an incident my daughter had resulting from a minor car accident. The b*****d then denied ever being anywhere in that area.

So I wanted a phone that
Allowed me to make and receive calls
Allowed me to make and receive texts
Had a camera

This damn phone allows be to do just about anything and particularly those things that I have no interest in.

Why do I need an address book when the thing does not have letter writing and printing capability.

WAP ???????????????
Download ring tones why ???

I need two tones. One for when somebody is calling me and One (double beep) to say text message has arrived.

No games/Caculator/ Organiser/Media Album

No if all the things I do not want were not there then the things I do want would be a damn sight easier to configure because the Settings Menu/Options would only be 5% of what it is at present and I would be able to find what I want.

(Rant tuesday)

I believe there is a market for a mobile phone that is exactly that. Think they call us the Silver Citizens

Len B

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
SJ McAbney said:
I just have an old Nokia 3210. All I need is something to make calls; I don't feel the need to play Java games, listen to mp3s, or surf the net whilst on the move.

Ditto

Brian

R

Rich

SJ McAbney said:

Too old :cool:

Len Boorman

Local time
Silly boy

Its the type your Gran had of course.

Do you need the ear trumpet

L

R

Rich

Len Boorman said:
Granted

Message too short eh

okay GRANTED
Send me a text message instead, that's if you can figure out how to turn off that stupid predictive text feature :mad: :D

Len Boorman

Local time
Rich said:
Send me a text message instead, that's if you can figure out how to turn off that stupid predictive text feature :mad: :D

Thought I just did :eek:

Or are you predicting that I will ?

Long day today

L

DaveJHPT

Registered User.
Local time
Oh dear, I'm almost ashamed to admit this...

I've got an Orange SPV M2000 - branded incarnation of the HTC Blue Angel. It's got camera (still & video), internet (GPRS and WiFi), e-mail, Word, Excel, Outlook contacts & calendar, Media Player, MSN Messenger ... oh, and phone and SMS of course. And a slide-out qwerty keyboard.

And here's the embarassing bit - I use them all. :eek:

Dave

Len Boorman

Local time
DaveJHPT said:
Oh dear, I'm almost ashamed to admit this...

I've got an Orange SPV M2000 - branded incarnation of the HTC Blue Angel. It's got camera (still & video), internet (GPRS and WiFi), e-mail, Word, Excel, Outlook contacts & calendar, Media Player, MSN Messenger ... oh, and phone and SMS of course. And a slide-out qwerty keyboard.

And here's the embarassing bit - I use them all. :eek:

Dave

and why not Access. :confused: :confused:

You just cannot get a decent phone these days :eek: :eek:

L

DaveJHPT

Registered User.
Local time
Now there's a thought! You could have a split database with the front end on a Bluetooth headset and the back end on the phone!

:rolleyes:

Dave

NJudson

Who farted?
Local time
Today, 15:58
Why be embarassed or ashamed? Just because most others that posted here say that they don't feel the need to have or use all that stuff doesn't mean you should be embarassed to be the minority. You should be proud of all the goodies you have! :)

david.brent

Registered User.
Local time
I've got a motorola V3. I make no excuses. It came free with my contract. I have to say, I'm not overly impressed with it but it will do.

Plus points. The screen is very good in both size and quality. The battery life is good and the phone charges very quickly. It's very, very thin.

Minus points. Can't shoot movie clips but can play them??? The quality of the camera is a bit hit and miss.

The missus has got a Samsung D500 and although it doesn't look as good as the V3, in my opinion, it's a much better phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom