What should I do with the Hebrew problems I have? (1 Viewer)

bmkol

Local time
Today, 03:15
I can't show Hebrew string on form and I don't want to change the region language, beause the users will not be all from the same region
I rather do it from VBA but I don't know how.

Here is a saving record click event that has a msgbox with Hebrew saying that Saves succesfully

Private Sub cmdSave_Click()

Dim Shmor As Recordset

Set Shmor = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM tblChidush")

Shmor.AddNew

Shmor("LoaziDate") = Me.txtLoaziDate.Value
Shmor("HebDate") = Me.txtHebrewDate.Value
Shmor("PasukId") = PasukIdCurrent
Shmor("Chidush") = Me.txtNewChidush.Value

Shmor.Update
Shmor.Close

Set Shmor = Nothing

MsgBox "החידוש נשמר בהצלחה"

DoCmd.Close

End Sub

Here is the screen shot of what I get:

1640019353607.png

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:15
it may be to do with the character set being used by access. Suggest you need to do some investigating.

Two lines of investigation I can think of. The first is to temporarily change the regional settings to see if that makes a difference. The second is to create your own message box which will give you more control. Plenty of examples on this and other forums for a custom messagebox - here is an example

Final thought - is this a case of a different language? if so and google translate offers the variations required, take a look at @isladogs language translator

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/translate-speak.319310/

or @arnelgp

bmkol

Local time
it may be to do with the character set being used by access. Suggest you need to do some investigating.

Two lines of investigation I can think of. The first is to temporarily change the regional settings to see if that makes a difference. The second is to create your own message box which will give you more control. Plenty of examples on this and other forums for a custom messagebox - here is an example

Final thought - is this a case of a different language? if so and google translate offers the variations required, take a look at @isladogs language translator

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/translate-speak.319310/

or @arnelgp
Thanks for your reply
1. Regional setting does help but not good for users with different regional setting
2. My own message box will not solve it becuase I still need the Hebrew on it
3. Google .... too much to do it

I keep looking.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:15
Consider using VBA to change the .FontName of the text box but then have it do a .Repaint or .Refresh of that control.

Sun_Force

Local time
Today, 09:15
For a while I had to move to different countries, using different PCs. I had your problem but solved it as following.
I added a table tblMsg with two fields, MsgPK, Message.
and filled the table with the messages I needed.
then I made a custom form with a label, and when I wanted to send a message, I opened this custom form, passed a PK.
On load event of the form used a Dlookup to fill the label.
MyLabel.caption = DLookup("Message","tblMsg","MsgPK=" & me.openargs)

The point was using Arial font for the label. Because Arial can show almost every language. (at least the languages I needed)

Last edited:

bmkol

Local time
For a while I had to move to different countries, using different PCs. I had your problem but solved it as following.
I added a table tblMsg with two fields, MsgPK, Message.
and filled the table with the messages I needed.
then I made a custom form with a label, and when I wanted to send a message, I opened this custom form, passed a PK.
On load event of the form used a Dlookup to fill the label.
MyLabel.caption = DLookup("Message","tblMsg","MsgPK=" & me.openargs)

The point was using Arial font for the label. Because Arial can show almost every language. (at least the languages I needed)
Thank you for your reply
I used Ariel too ... The problem I have is that based on user's action on the form I create different messages each time ... so I can't really use your suggestion which is very good but not in my case

Sun_Force

Local time
The problem I have is that based on user's action on the form I create different messages each time
Not that I'm insisting, But base on user's action you can call the form with different PKs, appropriate to what you want to show on screen.
Code:
Select Case UserAction
    Case .....
        PK=1
    Case ....
       PK=23
    Case Else
       PK=100
End Select
DoCmd.Open "MyForm",,,,,,PK
I just gave it a try.
My region is set to Korea, Windows is in English. I don't have any Hebrew font installed.
It's what I see.

2021-12-21_10-12-32.jpg

I'm not sure if it's correct or not, since I can not read Hebrew.

Anyway, if it doesn't work for you, I know @isladogs has a translating software in Access. I'm not sure if it's finished, free or commercial, but maybe he can shed a light here.

Last edited:

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:15
Does this make sense to you? I found it via Google.

Or this?

Last edited:

bmkol

Local time
Not that I'm insisting, But base on user's action you can call the form with different PKs, appropriate to what you want to show on screen.
Code:
Select Case UserAction
    Case .....
        PK=1
    Case ....
       PK=23
    Case Else
       PK=100
End Select
DoCmd.Open "MyForm",,,,,,PK
I just gave it a try.
My region is set to Korea, Windows is in English. I don't have any Hebrew font installed.
It's what I see.

View attachment 97015

I'm not sure if it's correct or not, since I can not read Hebrew.

Anyway, if it doesn't work for you, I know @isladogs has a translating software in Access. I'm not sure if it's finished, free or commercial, but maybe he can shed a light here.
As far as the image here ... how did it work in your pc? amazing ... is it from a vba code or you just type it into the Caption property? (When I type to the Caption property I can see it too ... the problem is from the vba code)

bmkol

Local time
Does this make sense to you? I found it via Google.

Or this?
In one of the links it did help to show Hebrew (A lot of work for a little word) using CHR function ... here is a code for it:

Dim sVariableText As String
sVariableText = ChrW(1488) & " " & ChrW(1520) & " " & ChrW(1509) & " (should see Hebrew characters)"

each CHR is for 1 letter (can you imagine what I have to do for a sentence?).

Sun_Force

Local time
As far as the image here ... how did it work in your pc? amazing ... is it from a vba code or you just type it into the Caption property? (When I type to the Caption property I can see it too ... the problem is from the vba code)
It's from VBA. As I explained earlier, you can not type messages in vba and try to show them on forms or message boxes (Because of the character set).
You have to add a table, insert the texts you need in the table, and with a DLookup read and set control's property (caption, default value, etc).

Check the sample attached.

Attachments

• Database1.accdb
    704 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:

bmkol

Local time
It's from VBA. As I explained earlier, you can not type messages in vba and try to show them on forms or message boxes (Because of the character set).
You have to add a table, insert the texts you need in the table, and with a DLookup read and set control's property (caption, default value, etc).

Check the sample attached.
O.K. As I show you on screenshots I can show Hebrew The problem is with VBA Hebrew text.
For example, if the user chose something and I want a msgbox saying that: "You chose .... (Hebrew value) ... do you want to save it?"
This is something dynamic that I can't have a table for it.

I appriciate your time to help.
Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom