What's in a Blog? (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:20
I notice from the home page that we have a BLOG section - but it is blank for me. Whassup with that? Do we actually have NOBODY who has ever blogged on the forum?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 09:20
In case you hadn't noticed, the Resources section is also empty.
IIRC, both of these were new areas @Jon planned to develop after the software change...but nothing there so far

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:20
Actually, I had noticed that. Just wondering.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:20
I made this post asking for feedback:

Only @Minty replied so I dropped the idea due to lack of interest.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 05:20
I think the issue is most of the potential bloggers that come to mind have their own websites and this feature would be double work. That is of course assuming that the blogs would be about Access tips and tricks. If some chose to blog about their own personal journey with Access, there are a few folks here that I would be interesting in reading...

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 02:20
I think the issue is most of the potential bloggers that come to mind have their own websites and this feature would be double work.

That's a good point. The super-bloggers all have their own spot already. However, could AWF establish some kind of syndication.....like all the news sites do with AP ? Hmm, that's probably a crazy idea, disregard...

@Jon I, for one, thought the idea sounded absolutely beautiful. I imagine a very well-written blog article would generate plenty of links-in from folks referencing it around the globe. The reason I didn't respond is only because I know none of those well written blog articles would be done by me. Unfortunately, prolific posting does not equal good writing and I'm well aware :ROFLMAO:

I've bookmarked plenty of blog articles, ranging from Ben C. to Nate O (RIP) and many others, esp. sql server ones. There's definitely a possibility...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom