WhatsApp to PC (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 08:36
A friend in Mexico insisted on sending me pics via WhatsApp. As I suspected I can't transfer them to my laptop. All the gooling I do on transferring wants me to download another App. Is that necessary?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
I have never used WhatsApp.
If you can save them to your phone, you could just transfer the files by connecting phone to PC.?

According to this link, they are just files in a folder anyway.?

https://www.fonepaw.com/solution/move-whatsapp-media-to-sd-card.html

That's the problem. I can transfer pics with a USB. My file manager displays therm fine, but the pics that come thru on WhatsApp are visible on my phone but not visible on file manager.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:36
Dick, do you know what the file extension is? From what I have read online it should be a lossy .jpg I am pretty sure Gimp could handle it, or any free camera software.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 12:36
That's the problem. I can transfer pics with a USB. My file manager displays therm fine, but the pics that come thru on WhatsApp are visible on my phone but not visible on file manager.

So you can see other files on your phone with windows file manager?
I tend to use MyPhoneExplorer for my Android phone, but then that is another app, which you are trying to avoid.

I would have thought if you connected to the PC and enables USB access on the phone, you would be able to see the files.?:confused:

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
You can get a WhatsApp windows app that links to your phone. You can then save them directly from the app.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Minty,

I think Dick was trying to avoid having to download and use yet another app.?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Ah - okay - it's just really simple...
If it's an Android phone all the messaging images end up the Gallery if you have it set to download, these can then get auto transferred to your back up device - i.e. your pc ?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Dick, do you know what the file extension is? From what I have read online it should be a lossy .jpg I am pretty sure Gimp could handle it, or any free camera software.

Thanks, I do have Gimp on my machine. I will look into it as soon as I can. Right now the VA out of nowhere wants me to do a EKG. Oh, O.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom