When starting access, open form 'main menu' ? (1 Viewer)

chaoticjelly

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:30
Well,

Here's my question.
In my database I have a form called 'Main Menu'.
How can I have this form opened and maximised when Access is run?

Thanks in advance!

spacepro

Registered User.
Local time
You can show your main menu form when access is run by going into access and select TOOLS>Startup.

On the right side of the form is asks you for a Display Main form.

Andy

kbrooks

Still learning
Local time
Yesterday, 20:30
Go to Tools and then Startup, and enter your form name in the space for Display Form/Page. (You can also select to have the database window not open here.....you'd press F11 once the db is open to open the database window if needed)

To maximize it, if it's a form I just make a "Maximize" macro and enter that in the On Open properties of the form. If it's a switchboard it's not that easy....I can get into my db and tell you if you need it, but I don't know it off hand right now.

HTH

kbrooks

Still learning
Local time
Go to Tools and then Startup, and enter your form name in the space for Display Form/Page. (You can also select to have the database window not open here.....you'd press F11 once the db is open to open the database window if needed)

To maximize it, if it's a form I just make a "Maximize" macro and enter that in the On Open properties of the form. If it's a switchboard it's not that easy....I can get into my db and tell you if you need it, but I don't know it off hand right now.

HTH

directormac

Occasional Presence
Local time
Or, combine steps by creating a macro named autoexec which opens and maximizes frmMainMenu and does any other startup activities as well...

--One-Stone Mac

chaoticjelly

Registered User.
Local time
[smile]!

Thank you guys, works like a charm!
Much appreciated!

Mike978894

Local time
Yesterday, 18:30
Access 2007

I need help. I have created a new simple database in access 2007 but can not find where the open form on start up is. Used to be in tool. But I give up.

Local time
Click on the round Access menu in the upper left hand (the one with the "butterfly"), click on "Access Options" at the bottom right of the popup, click on "Current Database" in the left hand navigation menu, and select your form in the "Display Form:" DDL.

If you know how to do it in earlier versions, try this tool:
Interactive Command Reference - For 2007

Listerino

Local time
Today, 11:30
The macro worked for me with version 2007. I was looking everywhere for the tools>startup option but it's no longer there from what I could see so this was a big help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom