Where will we be by end of 2020? (1 Viewer)

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 12:11
Lets make this thread fun and informative, and try not to let it slip into Across the Pond Ping Pong.... :eek:

We are rapidly coming to an end of yet another decade, and we are about to enter into the teens of this century..

The last ten years have seen quite a few events, some good some extraordinary and a lot bad..

Good...

England winning the Ashes (twice)
First Black president for America

Bad...

Destruction of the Twin Towers
Asian Tsunami
World Recession

The last ten years have also seen some technological advancements...
So lets imagine that it is New Years Eve 2019,

What advancements have we made in the last 10 years, what memorable events have occured...

Food for thought eh..

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 05:11
On New Years Eve 2020 I can imagine someone on the forum will be answering a post about compatibility troubles they are having between their OS Open source Windows Snow Leopard with a Red Hat 2020.987654.001.09.999 SP 742 and Access 2015 Work from Home Edition.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
On New Years Eve 2020 I can imagine someone on the forum will be answering a post about compatibility troubles they are having between their OS Open source Windows Snow Leopard with a Red Hat 2020.987654.001.09.999 SP 742 and Access 2015 Work from Home Edition.

They need to read Microsoft Techinical article K1112341678564 viii

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
The Good
Liverpool won the Champions League
The Bad
Manchester United won the Champions League

The Good
I retired

The Bad
My Wife got 10 years older

Can't think of any more serious stuff off hand.

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
150% of very little is still very little.

Actually being serious it was a good thing, her getting 10 years older, as in '92 she was diagnosed with a cancer and given 3 - 10 with a probable 5 years.

But back to the thread.
All this rampant change in technology is not good for the older grey matter or wallet as i no sooner get uptodate and find myself out of date again, the kids used to look up to me and now the patiently explain all of the new stuff to the old duffer, mind you I thrashed them at table tennis and sword fencing on the Wii, ok they had had more to drink than me. ;)

Brian

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 05:11
Just need to surround youself with the best and most qualified 'staff' such as a 20 year old to set up your PDA, a teenager to program your telephone, a 10 year old to fix the television remote, etc...

150% of very little is still very little.

Actually being serious it was a good thing, her getting 10 years older, as in '92 she was diagnosed with a cancer and given 3 - 10 with a probable 5 years.

But back to the thread.
All this rampant change in technology is not good for the older grey matter or wallet as i no sooner get uptodate and find myself out of date again, the kids used to look up to me and now the patiently explain all of the new stuff to the old duffer, mind you I thrashed them at table tennis and sword fencing on the Wii, ok they had had more to drink than me. ;)

Brian

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 07:11
The last ten years have also seen some technological advancements...
So lets imagine that it is New Years Eve 2019,

What advancements have we made in the last 10 years, what memorable events have occured...
GOOD

I just stepped into a machine at the hospital, and my lung cancer was eliminated with a shining bright light.

BAD

The rest of the world is suffering from Nuclear Winter.

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:11
Hopefully, recoverying from the hyper-inflation caused by certain countries that should have known better, that solved their current problems by printing money, rather than earning it !!

Yanks, Poms - for all the 'across the pond' banter, you BOTH got this wrong !!

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Today, 08:11
The ones that claim to have the love of god in their hearts:rolleyes:

A simpleton clings to his words and ten years later, he is still muttering his nonsense.
Only now it is with considerably more dribble, down the side of his mouth.

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Today, 08:11
The first positive energy producing fusion reactor will go into test mode.

25% of the people will die from avian flu.

It will be discovered that natural gas is being continuously produced by the subterranean biomass, and the carbon reaction between the crust and the mantle.

The reliance on oil from the Middle East will subside and once again the camel will become the sign of wealth.

Saudi Arabia will be in a civil war.

A great mind will immerge from Africa.

Man will have returned to the moon, and planning a large scale robotic trip to Mars.

The divorce rate will remain at least 50%.

Quantum entanglement will be at the heart of the next generation of communications devices.

The fastest computers will achieve 100 quadrillion operations per second (10 to the 17th).

I will be turning 60, so they’ll need to invent a pill to make younger women fall for old guys.

Russia will be a world power again.

And most important the US congress will finally pass laws repealing giving companies tax breaks for moving their operations overseas.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
A simpleton clings to his words and ten years later, he is still muttering his nonsense.
Only now it is with considerably more dribble, down the side of his mouth.
Americans still trying to rule the World by putting the fear of god into their agenda

Real people using their love of their family and mankind

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Don't follow in your simpleton friend’s footsteps. In the balance, the good ole US may be your last partners on earth.

Josephine, it seems paranoia is besetting you.

Ajtrumpet said about a nuclear winter setting in - I said, I wonder who started that?

I perhaps should have added Iran?, North Korea? Chinese? Russia? Israel? I didn't because I thought it was obvious.

However, as usual, your American paranoia with everyone always makes you think the worst.

Never mind, go and lie down, you must be tired.

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom