White Lives Don't Matter - apparently (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:44
I came across this today:

1593107534681.png

This was from a Cambridge Professor. If White was changed to Black, would it be considered racist? Would the person be fired? She got promoted from Dr to Professor instead.

Does my life not matter because of the colour of my skin?

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:44
Hypocrisy reigns.

Looks like not all black lives matter either. No one seems to care about the two toddlers shot Father's day weekend in Baltimore and Chicago. They were black and only 3 years old but they were killed accidentally by black gangbangers so they don't fit the narrative. Of course if the gangbangers had been white, that would be a whole different story. Then it would have fit the narrative of racism.

Makes you wonder how the Jews felt when Hitler set the country against them. Could they have been saved if they stood up from the beginning? Would the Germans or the world have risen to their defense before it was too late? We know there were lots of brave Germans and people from other occupied companies who did their part to save Jews. We've actually seen a lot of memoirs in the past few years. The survivors are dying off and feel the need to tell their stories.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Please can you give a link so I can see the context in which it was written

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
It's in The Guardian. It appears she has written for them before.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Its 'in the Guardian' isn't very helpful as a link. The image appears to be from Twitter so that's what I was hoping to look at

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Please can you give a link so I can see the context in which it was written
When she had said “White lives don’t matter. As white lives,” she had meant their value should be inherent and not linked to ideologies around race, she said. “Whiteness does not qualify someone to have their life matter; the life matters but not the whiteness.”

She added: “You cannot oppose Black Lives Matter with ‘white lives matter’ because they are not comparable. Whiteness is already valued but blackness is not.”

https://www.theguardian.com/educati...hiteness-academic-calls-for-cambridge-support

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 09:44
I was able to find her easily by just searching on Twitter. Thankfully, it looks like Twitter has deleted her tweets. This is what I found.
Capture+_2020-06-25-14-39-09.png

Reactions: Jon

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
When she had said “White lives don’t matter. As white lives,” she had meant their value should be inherent and not linked to ideologies around race, she said. “Whiteness does not qualify someone to have their life matter; the life matters but not the whiteness.”

She added: “You cannot oppose Black Lives Matter with ‘white lives matter’ because they are not comparable. Whiteness is already valued but blackness is not.”
Justifying racism through further discrimination.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:44
They did delete it. I think Twitter might have considered it racist hate speech.
Twitter cannibalizing one of their own, weird why? That would be tantamount to firing Jimmy Kimmel for wearing blackface, simply unheard of. :D

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Thanks @moke123 for providing the link to the Guardian article which provided the context missing from the original post.
The Twitter posts were, as written, inappropriate and easy to characterise as racist
However, reading the context puts a different slant on the author's meaning even though it could have been expressed far better originally.

The tweets were in response to the "White Lives Matter, Burnley" banner flown over the Manchester City ground where Burnley were playing earlier this week. Burnley was the site of serious racial violence back in 2001 http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/june/25/newsid_2519000/2519285.stm

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Her justifications for her racism are a word salad of gargantuan proportions.

On the one hand she says the life matters, not the whiteness. But black lives matters is ok because what, the life matters? That makes no sense whatsoever. She contradicts herself almost instantaneously. She is full of hate and bile. Just look at her twitter posts for that.

As a side note, although not a Labour supporter, I feel that Starmer will genuinely address racism within their party. I never believed Corbyn would, because he was a racist himself against the Jews, in IMHO.

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Was it OK to fly the 'White Lives Matter, Burnley' banner over the football ground?
Whilst that wasn't considered to be a criminal offence, should it have been done?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Would it be ok to fly a 'Black Lives Matter" banner over the football ground? Or do you think we should discriminate based on skin colour?

Why would it be considered a criminal offence? Should according to who's perspective?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
That doesn't answer my question.
In the context of previous racial violence, the banner was considered to be provocative by Burnley FC.
Should it have been done?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
By saying "Should", you seem to think there is some objective standard by which these things are judged. The Guardian, I imagine, would say its racist and should not be done. Another paper might say its fine, because Black Lives Matter banners are everywhere.

So I ask you, would it be ok to fly a 'Black Lives Matter" banner over the football ground or do you think we should discriminate based on skin colour? If something is provacative, should it not be done? In the Labour party, should they treat Jews and Blacks differently?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
We are living in a world of rabid hysteria, where a very vocal aggressive minority can spew racist hared against the White community with impunity. Instead of responding with logic and facts, the White community just roles over. Following is a small story supporting that effect in action: Oregon county exempts non-white citizens from COVID-19 mask rules if they fear 'racial profiling'.

A variety of laws were passed at the federal level in the 1960s under the Johnson administration to end racism and to help the Black community achieve parity with the White community. That now translates into approximately 60 years of active federal government programs aimed at helping the Black community. Based on the degree of acrimony currently being exhibited, it would appear that these programs have "failed".

The explanation is not that simple, I will only summarize two bullet points:
  • The Black community has been able to achieve full political control over many urban areas, such as Washington D.C. and Baltimore, but they have not solved numerous problems, such as Black on Black violence. Since the Black community, in some cities have achieved, political power and have failed to use their power to actually solve problems; they need to reflect on what they (The Black community) have done wrong instead of blaming the White Community.
  • Racism has declined over the years, as a result of the federal laws passed in the 1960s. Of course that does not mean that racism has been totally extinguished. Some still exists. Nevertheless, there is a whole industry devoted to race baiting. Instead of acknowledging that things have gotten better for the Black community and gracefully bowing out, the race baiters are throwing gasoline on the "fire" of racism to keep their relevance alive. Currently, they are "on a role" with the assistance of the Democratic party and many media outlets. The Black community needs to openly reject these race baiters.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
If Confederate flags are considered provcative and should not be displayed, then banners with the words "Black Lives Matters" should not be allowed either.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I think being "woke" to the point that you start being racist towards whites, is still racism. Thinking you get some kind of virtue signalling points from doing so, is just trying to improve your social standing by being racist. It is this weird ideological mind-shuffling that the left does. I find it incomprehensible. Lets have equality and stop lumping people into victim groups based on identity politics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom