Who else is living in tomorrow? (1 Viewer)

deletedT

Local time
Today, 16:34
I'm living in Japan and the local time for us is UTC+09:00.
When I'm posting this thread Local time is 2020/03/26 9:51 Am.
According to UTC chart, Kiritimati Island is UTC+14:00 and the last in the chart.
It makes Kiritimati Island 5 hours ahead of Japan. And their local time should be 2020/03/26 2:51PM

But to my surprise I see some members are living in tomorrow.

2020-03-26_9-47-49.jpg

How is it possible at all some place in the world be 18 hours ahead of Japan's local time?
@ColinEssex where do you live?
I'm searching in the forum to see who else is living in tomorrow.
I hope somebody has a clue what's going on.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:34
I think it's relative to home base, i.e. UK.
Around 9:02 PM my local time, it is 01:00 AM Thursday there, so tomorrow for them but not for me. At least I think so.

deletedT

Local time
@Micron I'm afraid I can't understand. Do you live in UK? UK local time is 1 AM today. (they see morning almost 8 hours later than us)

If you look at the world map, Japan is located on the far east. It means we are ahead of time comparing to all countries that locate to our east side. And it makes us ahead of Asia, Europe , Africa and America continent. We are one of the first countries who see tomorrow. As I said we are UTC+9:00.
Only UTC+10 and later are ahead of time (comparing to Japan)

If the add on shows some member living in tomorrow, they have to be almost +18 hours ahead of Japan's local time and it makes no sense.
If my consideration of time table is correct.
If not, I'd be glad somebody explain how it is possible.

Last edited:

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:34
No, I live in Canada. Right now, it is Wednesday 9:36 PM at my locale. London is 01:36 Thursday compared to me, so I ought to see anyone who's on line (or posting, I don't know) in the UK as showing 'tomorrow'. I would expect to see you as being in 'tomorrow' as well, as it is 09:36 AM where you are. Why you would see anyone in the UK as being in 'tomorrow' I don't know. I agree if that's what you're getting at because it doesn't seem relevant to you or anyone in the UK at the moment - just to the likes of me.

PS, I'm one of those who has basic info visible by clicking on the avatar. Clicking on the forum name after clicking on the avatar takes you somewhere that has an "about" tab. See what's there for me. Not much there for me, but others might have more info. Now you know where to look!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:34
At this time of night, some of you will see me in "Yesterday" (if you are still up, that is.)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Hi Tera
It's currently 06:30 here in the UK which is GMT (until this weekend when the clocks go forward an hour ...so we can all enjoy the long evenings in isolation 😉
You post currently lists your local time as Yesterday at 23:30 so the UK is showing as 7 hours ahead of Japan when it should be behind by 9 hours.
If the plugin was accurate I believe Japan should be listed as 15:30 now.
Looks like the local time plugin is completely wrong

P.S. ColinEssex lives in Essex, UK

deletedT

Local time
Hi Colin
I see your time as : Tomorrow morning 06:45.
That makes you UK almost 14 hours ahead of us.

deletedT

Local time
Sorry.
It seems I was causing this problem and the add on is OK.
For some reasons my local time in preferences was set to Canada. Maybe something had gone wrong while my profile was transferring to new software.
I set my local time to Japan. and it seems the problem has been solved.

Sorry again for not checking prior to posting this thread.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
That's better! You are now shown as 9 hours ahead of the UK which is correct.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Another weird thing about times here. If you log in, the time switches to your local time, if you browse without logging in, the time is eastern something in America.
So depending on your login status it could be tomorrow, today or last week for all I know.
Col

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
The server resides in the US, so it might be picking up the time from there when not logged in.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Well, when you have extra time on your hands, it does seem to be a bit fluid.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Jon, yes I agree. We had this discussion about 10 or 15 years ago as a lot of users were confused.

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I remember a film where a man got tomorrow's newspaper today but he had to do good things - like saving people or whatever, he wasn't allowed to profit from it by betting on the winners of today's faces etc. It was years ago, can't remember the name of it. I think a cat was involved too, I may be wrong.
Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
There was an old Twilight Zone show from the Rod Serling era that involved an "early edition" of the newspaper. There, I believe the guy could get his paper 24 hours early and use it to bet on horse races. Lasted for several days. Then when he looked over the paper at the end of the show, his name was in the Obituary column.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Jon, yes I agree. We had this discussion about 10 or 15 years ago as a lot of users were confused.

Col
Ah yes Col, that was a long time ago but I do remember it!

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
am I the only person that lives in a farming area of the world?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom