Why am I receiving spam alert? (1 Viewer)

KitaYama

Local time
Tomorrow, 06:53
New to forum.
I searched the rules and couldn't find the answer.
I'm not even sure if it's the right place to ask.

When I try to quote someone's post in my reply regarding one of my threads, I receive this:

1.JPG

1- Where should I post my question regarding forums rules/behavior?
2- Is there any rule regarding quoting?

Many thanks

Last edited:

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 21:53
I think you have to have 10 posts before you can post links to avoid the bots doing their thing.

KitaYama

Local time
I think you have to have 10 posts before you can post links to avoid the bots doing their thing.
Your reply contained a link. but it wasn't an external link. It was a link to another thread in this forum.
Even if the software can not understand the difference between external and internal links, arnelgp's post didn't contained any link.

I received the same message while trying to answer to both.

Edit :
it seems it's the length of the quote or having a code tag within the quote.
I was able to quote you here.

edit 2:
Anyway, I'll wait to see if anything changes after my tenth post

thanks

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 21:53
@pbaldy I'm not sure of the exact rules, but I've tagged Paul to see if he knows more as he is a Moderator.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:53
A quote is different from a link. In essence, the quote is taking plain text (which is always "safe") and just formatting to set it apart. So you have no trouble with quoting. Links are not always safe and, while the Xenforo software that drives this forum is good, there are times when it gets picky for reasons we cannot fathom. A quote with a link is just as unsafe as a direct link without a quote - neither more nor less unsafe.

But look at it this way, KitaYama - you are just 3 posts away from reaching the 10-post threshold. Take up a thread in the Watercooler or Politics & Current Events thread, converse a bit, and break that 10-post barrier. Then try again.

KitaYama

Local time
A quote is different from a link. In essence, the quote is taking plain text (which is always "safe") and just formatting to set it apart. So you have no trouble with quoting. Links are not always safe and, while the Xenforo software that drives this forum is good, there are times when it gets picky for reasons we cannot fathom. A quote with a link is just as unsafe as a direct link without a quote - neither more nor less unsafe.

But look at it this way, KitaYama - you are just 3 posts away from reaching the 10-post threshold. Take up a thread in the Watercooler or Politics & Current Events thread, converse a bit, and break that 10-post barrier. Then try again.
Thanks.

KitaYama

Local time
A quote is different from a link. In essence, the quote is taking plain text (which is always "safe") and just formatting to set it apart.
Yes, that's the logic for using Quote tag. But it seems that Xenforo doesn't think this way. If I delete the link inside the quote, that spam alert doesn't show up and I can post my replies. (I just tested it)

Hope it helps others that will face this problem in future. And I hope it's over after my 10th post.

thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom