WiFi or Wired? (1 Viewer)

Gaztech

Local time
Today, 15:43
All understood. However, the client in question here can't afford a server or all the software required to support the scenarios mentioned here. There are only 5 users on the whole network so the client can't see the point of the extra expense.

I'd love to port it to a server and SQL but I'm constrained to things as they are.

As for the WiFi being enabled by the user... If he already has a cable connected and enables WiFi then nothing happens - the cable connection always seems to take priority. If he doesn't have a cable connected then the only scenario where it could cause an issue is that the database and frontend are already open and (he must be wired already to even open it) THEN he re-enables WiFi AFTER disconnecting the cable while Access is still open. You'd have to have a very determined user to do that!

Work from home isn't an issue for this as the program is for warehouse use only and won't be used out of the building.

I've been using the system on WiFi in the building since it was first put online and I've not experienced any problems so this whole debacle is only to ensure that they use the cable, nothing more. The idea is to ensure that it becomes second nature to them to connect the cable :)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 14:43
As for the WiFi being enabled by the user... If he already has a cable connected and enables WiFi then nothing happens - the cable connection always seems to take priority.
I asked as I didn't find that to be the case in my own tests.
With both Ethernet & WiFi connected on my laptop, I found the connection kept changing between the two.

Good luck

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:43
FYI the posts regarding psexec were split off to their own thread since they were off the topic of this one:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom