Wikipedia Redefines Words to Promote the Woke Narrative (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 02:38
@Jon: A while back you observed that:
I used to think of Wikipedea as a fairly fact based neutral platform from which to get information. That is, unti l I found this:

Just look at the "New Work Post reporting " and "Reactions" sections, and it is basically a one-sided story that looks like it came straight from CNN. I only looked this up because I saw an article in Breitbart and the purging of Conservative media since Trump got elected.

Disappointing.
I also reviewed my disappointing experience when attempting to make "clarifications" to Wikipedia's entry for the "Handmaids Tail". Your observations concerning Wikipedia continue to hold-up and unfortunately bare fruit. Seems that following Biden's response to declining US economic data pointing to a "recession", that an army of Orwellian "editors" have aggressively stepped in to redefine the word "recession" to match the smoke and mirrors narrative being "sold" by the Biden administration. A phrase that I really liked in the best traditions of Soviet propaganda: “We’re moving from the strongest economic recovery in modern history to what can be a period of more stable and resilient growth,”
Editors of the leftist-dominated online encyclopedia are pushing a definition of “recession” that is unusually broad and favors the Biden administration’s claims that no recession has occurred.
What was until recently the broad consensus on the definition of a recession — two consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth — remains at the top of the page, but editors have been attempting to remove it.
In response to the edit war, senior Wikipedia editors have locked the page on recession, preventing users from making further snap edits to it. Articles that become the subject of contentious “edit wars” are often locked in this manner by Wikipedia administrators — but the lock comes after leftists successfully muddied the waters.

Since posting I ran across the Orwell quote below provided by another person concerning the Wikipedia article:
“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

Last edited:

JonXL

Local time
Today, 01:38
As of this post, it actually looks like Wikipedia's higher ups (not sure if I'd call them staff since I don't know how many get paid to moderate if any do) have locked the article to keep the two-quarter reference toward the top. It's more buried in older versions.

What am I missing?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:38
When are the Republicans in Congress going to open their eyes to the fact that the Dems are working from the 1984 playbook and succeeding? Someone has to stand up and be counted and it seems like Donald J. Trump was the only one brave enough to do it. The feckless pieces of dog do do who call themselves Republicans just run and hide so they won't be called racists for sticking to reality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom