Will DJT be re-elected? (1 Viewer)

Do you think President Trump will be re-elected?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 02:28
You are a glutton for punishment! They don't know what to do when the "accuse the nominee of sexual misdeeds" playbook is taken off the table. :p
SO true! Progressive people are so hilarious. Usually it's a guy, so everyone can line up for the standard "Oh he raped me when we were both 15, 36 years ago" thing. When faced with a woman they are less certain what the approach should be.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:28
So they take their 15 minute in the sun to bash Trump. Why are so many people unable to separate opinion from fact? Are they all that stupid or are they banking on the average voter being that stupid? I'm sure that CSPAN gets very few viewers but the press monitors it so the Senators are just talking trying for a sound bite that the talking heads will spread all over.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Are they all that stupid or are they banking on the average voter being that stupid?
Over time, as I've pondered and re-pondered the question, "Why have so many people concluded that Trump is the devil", I would have to agree with Trump's own conclusion: The primary factor, to which everything else (people's actual opinions, beliefs, his actual deeds, etc) comes a distant second, is: the media. If you turn on your TV and can watch the evening news on 30 different places, but they all emphasize and distort in the exact same way except ONE ..... That is going to have its effect.

Liberal education curriculums have created generations of people in journalism, writing, the arts, and whatever cesspool you might call the "celebrity" industry to all be the same way as any biased person: Digging up as much information as they can to promote their foregone conclusion about issues.

Interesting real-life experiment involving my spouse. Despite normally being a religious conservative, she was in the school of thought that Trump was 90% bad, like many others. This was the result of being bombarded with CNN, MSNBC, NBC News and everything else anti-Trump. I only had to (upon begging and her agreeing) expose her to literally a week to 10 days of the "other side" of the story (from Fox, mostly), for her to realize that her entire 3 years' worth of conclusions simply had to be called into question. She simply had never known the full scope and breadth of what Trump policies really are vs. what Democrat policies really are. She was also finally able to separate "what we think about his personality & personal style", vs. "policies that he supports", and admit that it's more important we vote for the latter rather than the former.

To a certain extent, many voters are somewhat dumb and selfish. (voting for personality & free things for their voting block, respectively). But to a large extent, I think it just comes down to information and exposure.

Maybe in the future, the Republican party ought to stop treating "only certain" periods of time as campaigns. They need to simply run a modest amount of TV ads 100% of the time, all year, every year, succinctly listing the things their policies have done for the country. Because by election time it's too late to counter years worth of CNN's perspective.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:28
You are a glutton for punishment! They don't know what to do when the "accuse the nominee of sexual misdeeds" playbook is taken off the table. :p
Didn't they also take that off the table when Biden got accused of ra**?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The Republicans don't have the stomach to push the "me too" movement. You really can't get on the "I believe the woman" bus when the crime is 30 years old. And besides, it is completely contrary to our Constitution to convict someone (which is what has happened here) without a trial. We are supposed to be assumed to be innocent unless proven guilty. There is simply no way to prove or disprove the accusation and for some reason, at least where politicians are involved, the accusations always come out during election season, which makes them suspect to begin with.

In America and probably the rest of the western world, convicting someone of ra** is extremely difficult even if the crime is reported immediately. And that is why so many women simply don't report the event. They think the attack was somehow their fault and it is always a she says - he says since there would almost never be a witness and even with evidence of the act, how do you tell consent followed by regret from ra**? I would sure not want to sit on that jury. However, we can all pity the poor Muslim women who don't have any recourse since Sharia Law says there must be 2 (or maybe 4) MALE witnesses to corroborate the act. Female witnesses don't count. Good luck with that. My question to that would be - if there were MALE witnesses, why did they not stop the crime?

The accusation against Biden seems to have more substance than other accusations due to the contemporaneous reporting of it to the proper authorities. The fact that the Senate dismissed it says a lot about them. The woman's mother also spoke on television about it to Larry King (I think).

This just caught my eye. What is going on in our institutions of "higher" education is downright appalling.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
@Pat Hartman Excellent summary of the MeToo thing, and the general ways that society has tried to re-train people to process and react to those situations. While I sympathize with the reality of how it must feel to have had a crime committed against you and then expect that often you won't be believed - Yet, still, whatever the solution to that is, it CANNOT be to undo our entire, precious legal system and principles that deem people innocent until proven guilty - PERIOD. To the extent that those principles are trampled on by giving the accuser extra advantages in the situation (like some states have tried to pass laws limiting the questioning and evidence that can be discovered about an accuser, making them anonymous, etc) while simultaneously destroying the life of the accused without due process is absolutely appalling.

You also hit the nail on the head about the 'regret' phenomenon. It would be one thing if young ladies were simply taught and encouraged to report true crimes - nobody would be against that, it's good and right. But nowadays it has gone much farther than that. They are taught that if anything happened that they "did not like" (including, in hindsight), then that means it = ra**. Totally ridiculous. (Especially when you consider the significant percentage of intimate experiences that people regret afterwards!)

As any married person knows, if we counted up all the times that one spouse didn't really actually "want" to, as being THAT, the whole world would perpetually be in prison.
Equating persuasion with lack of consent, or equating persuasion with coercion, has been a huge mistake of the modern movement. They don't seem to realize that, a lot of people just aren't going to agree with all their new concepts, no matter how loudly they go on about it. Because they're ridiculous, harmful and contrary to legal principles--and the damage simply pivots from (previously females, to (now) males. What good is two wrongs to try to make something right.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
This is a filibuster, an airing of grievances where the outcome is already predetermined.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Had to do it...

Attachments

• IMG-20201116-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20201116-WA0000.jpeg
    808 KB · Views: 107

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom