Windows 10 - Adding "Move To" To Context Menu (1 Viewer)

EzGoingKev

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:27
I did the registry edit found all over Google. When I right click I now have a "Move To Folder..." option. When I click on it a window opens and I can pick the location.

I do not want the pop up window. I want a location option menu just like with Send To.

I Googled it and could not find how to configure it that way. Can anyone here help me?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:27
I'm bumping your message up the list so that it gets another look....

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Kev
Why not help anyone reading this thread by stating what registry edit you actually did.
There could be more than one such edit found 'all over Google'

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Hi Paul
The comment in post #2 wasn't for my benefit as I already have the registry tweak listed in that link.
However, others may not have a clue what the OP was referring to and, indeed, it may possibly be that he is using something different

EzGoingKev

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:27
Colin,

I tried it myself and it presents a treeview window (not the friendliest, I must admit)

I used the method at https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/add-copy-to-move-to-to-the-windows-explorer-right-click-menu/#:~:text=Add Copy To / Move To to the Windows Explorer Right Click Menu,-Lowell Heddings @lowellheddings&text=A hidden functionality in Windows,the file or folder to.

I even tried using the same value as SendTo, as that presents a Windows Explorer, but then the MoveTo did not appear in the Right Click.
That would be the same thing I used.

I tried creating a MoveTo folder where the SendTo is and added some locations but it did not work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom