Windows 11 upgrade altered look of forms (1 Viewer)

chrisjames25

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:14
Hi. I have spent a long time painfully creating a database with "pretty" forms. Recently upgraded to windows 11 and now my subtle check boxes are bright blue.

On my windows 10 machine at home they are still grey.

Has anyone else encountered this change and is there a workaround?

Cheers in advance

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:14
I haven't since my PC is not on the list for upgrading for some reason. I don't know whether to b happy or sad, probably happy since I really hated giving up Win 7.

You get what you get when MS decides to change the way things look. I think they do this just to make sure we know that they did something:

You can try changing your default settings, choosing a different one might give you a more pleasing display. You can also try using a different theme. Maybe other themes don't have the same problem. Or, you can try changing the theme itself but that will be difficult and you will probably have to change the settings for every checkbox on every form.

Sun_Force

Local time
Tomorrow, 05:14
Change special effect of the checkbox to raised or shadowed or Chiseled.
Any thing else rather than these three makes your check boxes blue.

2021-12-23_08-03-32.jpg

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:14
There is also the question of whether you are using "system-theme" colors or your own color scheme. Some controls carry "system-theme" baggage along with them.

Sun_Force

Local time
Tomorrow, 05:14
There is also the question of whether you are using "system-theme" colors or your own color scheme. Some controls carry "system-theme" baggage along with them.

As far as I'm testing, it seems that theme doesn't concern this behavior. The latest version of office 365 comes with a new option to recognize windows theme.
It means if I change windows theme, office them will change accordingly. Even if I turn off this option, this behavior of the check boxes/option boxes doesn't change.

Both Microsoft and Google decided to change the way controls appear on screen a while back and it's independent from OS or App theme.

CaylinBR

Local time
Today, 23:14
I was trying to build a CRM, of course I needed to integrate a database for records. Before that I updated my laptop last week to windows 11, even with updates and patches, nothing works, anybody knows when 11 will be stable and ready for work?

mor10

Local time
I have seen the same. Changing Back Style to Transparent removes the blue, and a normal check box repairs.

Last edited:

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 13:14
Hi. I have spent a long time painfully creating a database with "pretty" forms. Recently upgraded to windows 11 and now my subtle check boxes are bright blue.

On my windows 10 machine at home they are still grey.

Has anyone else encountered this change and is there a workaround?

Cheers in advance
Suddenly I feel grateful for having declined the offer to upgrade my Win10 laptop this morning. :sneaky:

mor10

Local time
Suddenly I feel grateful for having declined the offer to upgrade my Win10 laptop this morni

Are you sure it's not the latest Office that has caused the changes? While it has coincided with Windows 11, Windows is not likely to make changes within office apps like that.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 13:14
Are you sure it's not the latest Office that has caused the changes? While it has coincided with Windows 11, Windows is not likely to make changes within office apps like that.
Here's the sequence of events as I understood it from the OP.

Win10 and version XXXX of Office.
Win10 upgraded to Win11.
Version XXXX, not changed, now shows different appearance.

I suppose that there are multiple potential touch points, but based on what we've seen, it looks like the OS change had something to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom