Woke Attack - I've sussed it! (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:34
I understand that I can identify as female, join the women's Olympic weightlifting team and win loads of medals. This is legal and is actually being done!

But if I want to identify as black, then I am some sort of criminal?

So I've got it, the solution. I am going to identify as both, female and black!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
There was a guy in America who was on Fox news, claiming he was a Filipino woman. So it is already going on.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 17:34
Everyone be honest. Which of you knew, 2 months ago, that there was a sport called "Hammer Throwing"

?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I did. Bit like the shot put, or of that ilk. Throwing something heavy. Didn't they do it back in Roman times, or Ancient Greek?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Good for you, those who are more familiar with Olympics in general probably did, I suppose. I definitely did not - some very 'interesting' sports going on there! Probably Thor did for sure!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Had a quick look at it seems it originated in Scotland and England, so perhaps that is why I have heard of it.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
They should make tossing the caber an Olympic sport!

Daniel Mckim ( World Champion ) Caber Toss ... The clock strikes 12​

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:34
I knew about the hammer throw. It was one of the early forms of short-range artillery before the advent of catapults, onagers, and other heavy-object tossing devices.

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:34
How about break dancing at Tokyo

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Break dancing? As an Olympic event? Seems a little wonky to me, but then again, I'm noted for conservative viewpoints.

The only thing I might wish to watch in this year's games would be the USWNT for soccer/non-USA football. Those ladies are GOOD.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Break dancing? As an Olympic event? Seems a little wonky to me
I do think the Olympics have, in recent years, devolved into a "anything goes" type of , almost just being silly.
It almost seems like anyone who has asked "What about this? It's Something That You Can Measure, so let's compete on it" has been just told "Sure".

Some of them are SO random, it's like....to me it kind of takes away from the seriousness of the Olympics by expanding it to any and every measurable activity of any kind.

They should limit it to sports people care about, meaning = things actually competed on, using teams, at national and state levels in major participating countries.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I thought things had gone downhill pretty badly with the advent of "floor exercises with props" like ribbon-on-a-stick, balls, and hoops. But then, there have been some "modern warfare" elements to go with the archery, javelin and hammer events. For instance, the biathlon - skiing and shooting. And let's not forget that wonderful sport where you slide things over ice - like curling.

But what the heck, to each his/her/its/their own.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
And let's not forget that wonderful sport where you slide things over ice - like curling.

Was this an attempt to develop a weapons system that could be used in the arctic in the conflict between America and Russia?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Musk Nails the WOKE CULTURE !!!

#ElonMusk #Wokeism #WokeMob

Last edited:
Reactions: Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom