Word 2010, spell red underscore (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 04:49
Is there a way to get rid of the red underscore for misspellings in MS Word 2010.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
;)I found it myself said the little red hen!

Word 2010

1. Click the File tab, and then click Options.
  2. Click Proofing.
  3. Click to clear the Check spelling as you type check box.
  4. Click to clear the Mark grammar as you type check box.
Hope this helps others!!

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 01:49
So given your history of spelling errors Dick, why would you want to disable it? Does the amount of red shown bother you.

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
Today, 02:49
Good one Bob. First laugh I've had all day.

Dick, I'm surprised your spell check didn't just give up and turn itself off.:D

(just kidding....sort of):D

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
:DOh! You guys are realy funny Ha ha.

I am cutting and pasting some verses from the Bible and it, of course, has words the spellchecker doesn't recognize.

Last edited:

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Bob, Beetle, you guy are going to love this. I write my long emails in word and I was thinking I doing pretty good this morning no read lines, Bob and Beetle would be proud of me. Then I was using the word phraseology, but I typed it Phrazoligy. I thought I didn’t know that phraseology had a Z in it. Then it occurred to me that my no spellcheck setting must be global. Go ahead and laugh. One thing I leaned in college speech class is to laugh at myself. I was sick during spelling class.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 01:49
Bob, Beetle, you guy are going to love this. I write my long emails in word and I was thinking I doing pretty good this morning no read lines, Bob and Beetle would be proud of me. Then I was using the word phraseology, but I typed it Phrazoligy. I thought I didn’t know that phraseology had a Z in it. Then it occurred to me that my no spellcheck setting must be global. Go ahead and laugh. One thing I leaned in college speech class is to laugh at myself. I was sick during spelling class.

If you want to turn it off only for a given document, just open that document and go to FILE > WORD OPTIONS > PROOFING and there should be a thing that shows EXCEPTIONS FOR: and a selection for that document name. Then you can check the HIDE SPELLING ERRORS IN THIS DOCUMENT ONLY. (I am using 2007 so 2010 might have it in slightly a different place or format).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom