Word VBA - Heading Styles (1 Viewer)

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:05
Hi I have a very large document with 3 headings styles. In the document the Heading Styles have been created to include certain text and styles, the business has now decided they want to change the styles. Is there some VBA that would help do this quickly.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Sample:
Style Name: "Made Up 1"
Beginning Text: "Topic A", "Topic B" etc

Change to Multi level numbering
Beginning Text: 1 - "The Title"

Style Name: "Made Up 2"
Beginning Text: 1, "Topic B" etc

Beginning Text: 1.1 - "The Title"

Style Name: "Made Up 3"
Beginning Text: "Topic B" etc

Beginning Text: 1.1.1 - "The Title"

gerry@docshop.ie

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:05
Hi Trevor G

If you have used have already applied styles Heading 1, Heading 2 and Heading 3 across the document then this change is simple.

In Word 2010 or 2013 (will be something similar in previous versions), go the the Styles ribbon on the Home tab. Right Click on the Style to be modified and choose MODIFY. On the Modify Style window, bottom left corner is the FORMAT button and on this Menu you will find the numbering option. Once you have made the change it will update the entire document where the edited style has been used.
One quick trick I use when trying to get through a long document where I need to check through is to Modify the style of a heading to a Red or Purple colour, this makes them instantly stand out and go through the doc in (View - Multiple Pages). This speeds up the process of getting through the document if you need to apply styles retrospectively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom