Solved Workplace Checklist 'Doubling Up' Records. (1 Viewer)

HillTJ

To train a dog, first know more than the dog..
Local time
Yesterday, 18:18
Friends, About 12months ago I developed a 'Safety Management' system. It works really well with significant assistance from forum members. A component that I didn't use much was the workplace inspection checklist. This was facilitated by significant input from both Uncle Gizmo & ArnelGp, whom I thank profusely (There is also a previous thread on this forum where the 'development' process is tabled (I don't know how to link it to this thread).

I have a problem with that module where records are repeated upon making a change in status, that is changing yes to no or N/A. I cannot figure why. The best way to see this is to select 'Workplace Checklist' from the main menu, Create a new record, select the status in the 'Satisfactory' column of the sub form. Save the record. Reopen and select Print or Preview & the item description is repeated each time the 'Satisfactory' column is selected (appears to me that way).

I am a bit confused & don't know why this is occurring.

I've attached an earlier version (The latest version has lots of data and is split, but the code for this 'module' is unchanged)

I'd appreciate some assistance.

By the way, once fixed if this database is useful to anyone, I'd be happy to upload a copy of the latest version which includes a few tweaks etc.

Attachments

• Hazard AssessmentV4.5.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 212

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:18
I get a ton of errors trying to open your DB. It may be because of the missing reference to outlook which I do not have.

HillTJ

Local time
moke123, the database makes reference to images etc that are stored on a network drive. Clearly, they will not work on the uploaded copy, but the checklist code should still run. The following link refers to the original code project if that helps. https://www.access-programmers.co.u...-adapting-uncle-gizmos-checklist-code.312286/. I've not made any changes to that code. Appreciate your prompt response.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 13:18
i re-arrange RptQuery1 query.
the new joins:

tblData(dataItems)->linked(inner join) to->TblList(ListID)
tblList(listSets)->linked(inner join) to->tblSetNames

Attachments

• Hazard AssessmentV4.5.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 135

HillTJ

Local time
Thankyou arnelgp for such a prompt response. If it's not too much trouble can you show me, just to make sure I get it right. Appreciate it.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 13:18
the main data tblData don't have duplicates, RptQuery1 query is producing dups
because of the Joins.

HillTJ

Local time
arnelgp, thanks. All is good now. Appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom