wrong English grammar in format compatibility mismatch warning (1 Viewer)

neuroman9999

Local time
Yesterday, 23:03
Nothing there about disappearing. I wish I could translate it for you, but I'm not sure what you don't understand here.
I guess the conversation is over then. I guess you'll be around. good deal. talk to ya later.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Adam, you just objected to my use of the possessive form of "YOU" as an adjective identifying a property of the post. "YOUR POST" is good English whereas "You're post" (which expands to "You Are Post") makes no sense whatsoever. Which, actually, is about PAR for your course. So much for Mister "Smarter than thou."

DON'T tell a hobby writer how to use language. It is never a good idea.

neuroman9999

Local time
Adam, you just objected to my use of the possessive form of "YOU" as an adjective identifying a property of the post. "YOUR POST" is good English whereas "You're post" (which expands to "You Are Post") makes no sense whatsoever. Which, actually, is about PAR for your course. So much for Mister "Smarter than thou."

DON'T tell a hobby writer how to use language. It is never a good idea.
ummmmm.... I might be confused now. after all, it IS 1am here! I will look back at this anomaly later on this weekend if I remember, and maybe catch my error. I'll see if the err.number = 3045. If it does, I'll know that I am not smarter than you. LOL. ;) but you and I both know that's not the case anyway.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Adam, "smarter than thou" is no better than "holier than thou." And in a technical forum, even less welcome when you can't back it up. Study that "anomaly" all you want. While I sometimes have a typo, that definitely wasn't one of them. When I make a mistake, I admit it and offer either an apology or a correction or both. You, on the other hand, eagerly pounce on every little error trying to show us your astounding brilliance.

And what does error 3045 (file already in use) have anything to do with this thread?

neuroman9999

Local time
You, on the other hand, eagerly pounce on every little error trying to show us your astounding brilliance.
actually not really. the only reason I've said what I've said recently is to try and produce conversation with you. I have a next door neighbor that is just as smart as you, and is your same age. I go back and forth with him all the time about who's smarter, with regard to new age knowledge and old-age knowledge. he's a legacy person like you are. you and I are different. neither one of us is the smartest being on the forum. we know different things, for a variety of reasons. A lot of times I give you $hit just to see if you can respond with anything relevant, technologically. And sometimes you do. I test people all the time, to see how smart they really are and what they really know. Did I tell you about the conversation I had with the CTO consultant in Cedar Rapids 2 weeks ago at the Hilton hotel? We talked for 3 hours, and I learned quite a lot from him. Everything I said he already knew, from 20 years of being in this business. and I think I've already posted his words here somewhere, but just in case I didn't, hear they are:

corporate_spying_info_from_CTO.jpg

we also talked about a slew of other topics. anything from servers and their configs, blacklisting, secretive coding of DIVS on a webpage that will get you blacklisted (which was interesting to hear from him!), to constructors in .NET, to working with and architecting OOP programs and many other things. Now, THAT is a person I would love to work with. and it was evident to me that the guy still had a caring heart and soul. Because he revealed to me how evil tech companies have become. And we both agreed that it will only get worse. He also told me that his son was so smart, after learning from him, that he once changed the MAC address of the router for the purpose of not talking to his own father when he called. LOL! WOW. Talk about knowledge young people should not have! :(

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
First, you HAVE mentioned 'rage clicking' before. Second, your idea of "having fun" appears to be that you like to waste the time of others by posting outrageous inanities to see if anyone will bite on your jaundiced viewpoint. Have you noticed that, with the exception of what appears to be a legit tech question or two in the Excel forums, I have reduced the size and frequency of my answers to you? Including in the private communications threads? I have already disconnected from one and will drop the others when I feel like it.

You are predictably boring and add no long-term value to the forum but haven't broken any rules that would get you banned. See you later, Ozymandias.

neuroman9999

Local time
You are predictably boring and add no long-term value to the forum
I haven't added value to the forum because I am banned from the sections where that could become possible. It's up to you to allow it to happen, Ozymandias

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:03
you probably missed it cuz you had me on ignore like all the other professionals who think I know nothing. =(
Nah, I don't have anyone on ignore. Even with the selected ban you still are putting out the same amount of content, I just don't read everything.

neuroman9999

Local time
yeah well, it doesn't matter to me what kind of content I put out. I'm not here to produce content. that's what managers who have nothing to do during their workday, do.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
That is an activity not limited to managers. ANYONE who has nothing to do can spew useless posts. Even you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom