Solved wrong results in report based on query (1 Viewer)

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 18:44
does it get saved to a table?
i don't have any of your form.

Ahmed73

Local time
Today, 15:44
does it get saved to a table?
i don't have any of your form.
Now I attached herewith db. In supplier PO form, I am entering the conversion but it is not saving in table. I highlighted the fields in supplier PO form and in report as "YELLOW".

Attachments

• Database for correction conversion.zip
    363.6 KB · Views: 85

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:44
1. You can join to the currency table twice in the same query. Just add it to the grid a second time. The second instance will have "_1" as a suffix. It is not a duplicate table it is a second reference so you can solve the problem of sales and purchases having different currency types.
2. It makes no sense to have the report in numerous currencies. You need to convert the currency to some common currency at some point. It is probably easiest to store everything in your common currency to facilitate reporting and calculation. Why would you want to do the conversion every time you need the value. You need to store the date of the conversion if it is not the same as the transaction date as well as the transaction currency.

Ahmed73

Local time
1. You can join to the currency table twice in the same query. Just add it to the grid a second time. The second instance will have "_1" as a suffix. It is not a duplicate table it is a second reference so you can solve the problem of sales and purchases having different currency types.
2. It makes no sense to have the report in numerous currencies. You need to convert the currency to some common currency at some point. It is probably easiest to store everything in your common currency to facilitate reporting and calculation. Why would you want to do the conversion every time you need the value. You need to store the date of the conversion if it is not the same as the transaction date as well as the transaction currency.
1. noted.
2. Yes you are right but I am not good in designing and coding, so made the work around to get the desired results irrespective it is professional or not. For the time being, i'll apprecaite, if you could make some changes in attached db to get the converted value in report.

Thanks.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I know you're new here but are you really asking me to work for free to give you a product that you will get paid for? What is wrong with that picture?

We are here to help you to solve your problems and give you advice not to do your bidding.

Ahmed73

Local time
I know you're new here but are you really asking me to work for free to give you a product that you will get paid for? What is wrong with that picture?

We are here to help you to solve your problems and give you advice not to do your bidding.
Hi Pat,
FYI, it is my project and I am user of this db. so nobody paid for it.
Well this forum is very useful and I appreciated you people to volunteer and help others. I hope once I got such knowledge I will also volunteer myself in this forum.
I would like to thanks @arnelgp who resolved my currency issue on report, I was stuck for many days.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm glad that arnel solved your problem for you. He is always very helpful. But if he had already provided the solution, I don't know why you wanted me to build you a second one.

Good luck.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 18:44
i added conversion to your report's query.

Attachments

• Database for correction conversion.zip
    287.9 KB · Views: 80

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom