xbox 360 Streaming (1 Viewer)

carlnewboult

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:11
Hi,

I just wondered as it has not been made clear on the xbox website if you can stream AVI files from your PC to your Xbox ?

The only reason I ask is that I have some videos which I have taken from my camcorder and it would be a whole lot better than having to burn them to a DVD or CD each time.

Cheers

KalelGmoon

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:11
Why would you want them to go through an xbox?:confused:

he is probably using it as a dvd player. I dont know for sure as I dont own a "next gen" console, heck the newest one I have is a Dreamcast.

I will ask a friend or two and see if they can answer thast for you

carlnewboult

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:11
the reason I want to go through the Xbox is simply because i want to be able to stream videos wirelessly and from what I can gather this can only be done if you have windows medica centre which I don't want to buy just for this facility.

many thanks kalelGmoon hope someone can help.

Sprawl

Database Co-Ordinator
Local time
Yesterday, 22:11
Yes it is possible

The xbox 360 comes built in with whats called a Media Centre Extender. Xbox original had one you could buy with remote for it.

It will connect to your PC and load Mp3's, Video's and pictures from your "My documents" folder and allow you to play them on your Xbox360.

This requires that you either have media centre version of xp (or vista premium or ultimate). Or install the Zune software (Which is free from microsoft). From there it is a simple matter of linking them together in your settings on your xbox.

This is acool little feature that allows you to view media on a big TV in HD that you may have saved on your computer, or if you have a central computer for storing all your media content and want to see it on somewhere you don't have a computer

However, I do believe that it currently only plays video's in the WMV format so you would need to convert them to that, And only Mp3 files in non DRM formats (no itunes files).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom