You can't delete the table '|'; it is participating in one or more relationships (1 Viewer)

Access_Help

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:46
I have two identical copies of an access database (one has two new features), I want to export the data from one db to another, when I do, I am getting this error:

You can't delete the table '|'; it is participating in one or more relationships​

Not sure what the issue is?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:46
not sure what your code is to cause the issue - exporting data does not normally involve deleting a table which is implied by your error message

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:46
The '|' is an indicator that something is spelled wrong or improperly qualified. Like if you had a stored query to point to a table and then somehow renamed the table out from under the query. It most often happens (in my experience, which may be limited) when you are building a query in an SQL string and get something wrong with a table name.

What is the context of the error? I.e. what are you actually doing at the time? Is this a Macro? Are you doing it via VBA? Is this something done using an option on the ribbon? What - and how - are you doing the export?

Access_Help

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:46
I ended up exporting the data into an excel file and then importing it.
It has never happened before.
Not sure why it is asking about delete when I am doing a simple export.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom