Zip excel file rowwise data to pdf format (1 Viewer)

suryu

Local time
Tomorrow, 01:26
Hi,

I am facing issues in converting excel rowwise data in pdf format

In excel(InvestorData_06/05/20), i have below data and i want to zip loan wise data in pdf format(If 2 loan is there then 2 pdf file should come) with same folder name as excel name.

IDDateInvestorIdloan
44030​
04-10-2018
80601​
10801112​
44031​
10-10-2019
80602​
10901113​

Thank you

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 12:56
What does "zip loan wise data in PDF format" mean?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:56
I don't really understand your question, and there seems to be a lot of necessary information missing. However I did a quick search and I found this on the web:-

Save Excel as PDF with VBA

I would suggest you peruse that website, try some of the code to see if you can create a PDF. Once you have created the PDF, then the next step is conversion to Zip. I reckon the attempt to convert to PDF will raise more questions...

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 12:56
Or you could just message an admin to move it to our Excel forum, which I have just done.

suryu

Local time
Tomorrow, 01:26
I don't really understand your question, and there seems to be a lot of necessary information missing. However I did a quick search and I found this on the web:-

Save Excel as PDF with VBA

I would suggest you peruse that website, try some of the code to see if you can create a PDF. Once you have created the PDF, then the next step is conversion to Zip. I reckon the attempt to convert to PDF will raise more questions...
Hi @Uncle Gizmo,

I have excel file in some folder with loan details and basically i want to zip that file so that it will give specific data row wise for the corresponding loan number in pdf files using vba code.

I want to attach that pdf files in mail so i need that pdf files.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
i want to zip that file so that it will give specific data row wise for the corresponding loan number in pdf files using vba code.

I'm not clear on the steps you propose. You say zip first, don't you mean you want to convert it to pdf first?

If that's the case, then have you looked at the link I provided which shows you how to convert Excel to PDF?

If that's not the case, then as I said earlier you need to provide more information or possibly better information.

From the existing information I would assume that you want to select some particular information in the Excel spreadsheet.

You then want to place this information in a PDF file.

You want to zip this PDF file and and send it via email.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Unfortunately I am unable to understand the essence of your question, so I will withdraw from the thread.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:56
You will need to research to learn how to
- set a reference in vb editor to scripting object library
- use msofiledialogfilepicker to choose a file
- using Automation, create Excel app instance and open that workbook
- get the parent folder path from what was returned to file picker
- add the date to the parent folder path and create a new folder
- save spreadsheet as pdf to that new folder
- close workbook and Excel

If the workbook contains more than one sheet, you will have to use Automation to choose which sheet(s).
or you can simply open the file in Excel and manually save as pdf.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:56
You're welcome. Good luck with your project - that is not a small vba task!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom