£300 Parking Ticket (1 Viewer)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 00:15
Coffee seems to be one of those things embedded in our everyday life. The day is incomplete without it.
More like incorrect! We took a small trip this past weekend and the Air B&B did not have coffee. I decided I could do without it for ONE morning, surely...

Yeah, bad idea...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:15
For my wife, morning coffee is part of her routine. However, for other parts of her day she has a refrigerator magnet that says "If chocolate is the answer, who CARES what is the question?"

Kevin Mark

Local time
Today, 09:45
I've been going to my local Costa coffee shop for many years now, but switched to another one slightly less local because its a bit nicer in there. But today, I went in and while chatting with the barista, they said that the parking has been limited to 1 hour and it is all checked by camera using a company called Parking Eye. I asked when this change happened and they said last Wednesday. I was shocked! I've been there 3 times since last Wednesday and was there at least 1.5 hours each time. So I went outside to read the new signs (which I never noticed before). Fines are £100 for each offence. OMG!

I told them that if I get a fine I will never go there again. As a regular customer, you don't go in there every day or every other day to re-read the parking signs. It is unreasonable. Any change should always have a bedding in period. They said they are not sure if they can do anything, but took my number plate and said they will try, but Parking Eye are a third-party company who's profits rely on fleecing innocent victims like myself.

Talk about a way to alienate your customers. I just park my car, take my distance glasses off and walk straight to the door. I do not look around the car park every day to see if any new signs have been erected. Not happy!
It is really disappointing when businesses implement changes like this without any prior notice or consideration for their loyal customers. As a regular myself, I totally get where you're coming from. You build a routine around places you frequent, and suddenly being hit with a hefty fine for something you had no idea about is just unfair.
Thank You

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 21:15
Has anyone else noticed that some time ago, Walmart supercenters conducted a HUGE overhaul on their checkout terminals. It's pretty fancy, except, strangely, it excludes tap-to-pay technology. (apple, android, watches, and just tap your card).

Isn't it strange to spend what must have been (at least) tens of millions, but exclude that capability? Now they seem old fashioned, but with very shiny screens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom